Review Surfshark VPN review

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuanton

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2013
Tried Surfshark from my location in Malaysia. My main interest was connecting to UK sites BBCiplayer/ITV Hub and other TV Catch Up sites. I took out a months subscription on trial and didn't get good results - continual lag which needed continual re-connection on most sites. I cancelled the subscription and received refund as promised. Later discovered I had problem with my laptop driver which I had fixed and this re-established my laptop fast internet speeds. Because of Surfshark pricing I was tempted to try again which I did, unfortunately with no improvement in the performance of Surfshark. I cancelled again and because I had previously tried there was no refund the second time, something worth remembering because most other companies did offer refunds for 2nd tries.
I accept and think a lot depends on your location but certainly can't agree with Surfshark's 'Blazing Speeds' claims. Of the many VPN's I have tried to replace my expensive Express VPN subscription which is coming to an end, there have been others with much higher speeds. I was fortunate ultimately in discovering one that offered 7 days free trial without credit card and which turned in the best performance of all I had tried. In the end cheap is not always the best option.

cyberfreak122

Prominent
Jan 9, 2019
I mainly use Surfshark to torrent and the speed doesn't drop much, but it's also important to use a server that's not overcrowded. As mentioned in the article the price is low even though it offers unlimited device logins which was what made me buy it, but I can now say that the service I get for the price this low is more than worth it in my books. Other than that, my lil sis really wanted to try out Disney+, so I had to help her set everything up. It was a bit messy but in the end everything works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.