Surround Sound has become one sided

barbarianhorde

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
Hey guys I'm having a bit of an audio canundrum, I'm using my onboard audio and usually it works flawlessly with the 5.1 Logitech setup I have, I have a ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+, so I installed the Realtek HD Manager got everything setup properly, ran the tests and I get audio out of the fronts, center, rear, and sub, but when I try to go on youtube for example, I'm only getting audio out of the right side in addition to the sub, I also tested it with some of my music that I have onboard and I'm running into the same issue. I know there's a way to rectify the problem because I seem to remember having to do so many moons ago I just can't seem to remember how to go about it. As I mentioned, when I run the speaker test in the Audio Manager it runs flawlessly and I get crystal clear audio out of each speaker... It's driving me nuts so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution

Sam Hain

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013

Have you looked to see that Windows OS is reporting your audio output correctly/matching your setup?

Right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar and click on "Playback Devices". Speakers (default) should show your Realtek HD and highlight it. Two options below will show, "Configure" and "Properties". Click on Configure and ensure "5.1" is selected, click "Next" and ensure "Surround Speakers" is checked.

Under "Properties", open "Advanced" and ensure ALL boxes are checked.

Solution