MdoHermo

Estimable
Dec 10, 2014
I can't get my Sanyo 65 HDTV hooked up to my sony reciever. I've tried HDMI , optical audio , can't get a sound! Any suggestions??

Solution
If you have a surround receiver then all your sources should be connected to the receiver via HDMI and the receiver HDMI output connected to the TV via HDMI. If BOTH the receiver and TV support ARC (audio return channel) you have to use the TV HDMI input labeled ARC and turn it on in both. If either doesn't have it then you would use the optical audio output from the TV to the receiver. On most surround receivers you have to assign the input jack you use to an actual input. There is a menu to do this in the receiver.

rqtech

Estimable
Dec 10, 2014
How many channel audio are you running? Stuff like this will greatly help everyone that visit this thread!
TV -> HDMI -> RECIEVER, it's not more complicated than that. Unless you have a remote and can change mode from TV/OPT and others.

If you have a surround receiver then all your sources should be connected to the receiver via HDMI and the receiver HDMI output connected to the TV via HDMI. If BOTH the receiver and TV support ARC (audio return channel) you have to use the TV HDMI input labeled ARC and turn it on in both. If either doesn't have it then you would use the optical audio output from the TV to the receiver. On most surround receivers you have to assign the input jack you use to an actual input. There is a menu to do this in the receiver.

Solution