Surround sound questions

jtibbs

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
I've recently gotten curious on potentially setting up a surround sound system for my computer and have a couple of questions.

Most importantly, is there a suggested size of room or minimum size? I have a very small room where my computer is located and not much space left in it for anything. (I rent out a bedroom in someone elses house). I plan on relocating which should give me plenty of space hopefully, but I just want to be sure.

Second, my computer has an optical audio port on the back. Is that all I need or will I need more ports for the system.

Third, is a sound card recommended or is that just for the highest of audiophiles?

Lastly, I would like some recommendations on some surround systems.

jtibbs

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
Those most certainly are affordable. Would it be worth getting the z906 over top of those though?

hang-the-9

Titan

They would sound better, if worth it is up to you. If you are OK with the price, then the 906 are good. I have basically an older version of them, the Z560 4.1 speakers and like them a lot. Probably the one pricey new item I ever bought, but never regretted spending the extra money on them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Audio 0
R Audio 10
simonaplatten Audio 2
JackMateo123 Audio 1
M Audio 1
stratoz99 Audio 1
WINTERLORD Audio 7
A Audio 8
B Audio 13
S Audio 1
M Audio 3