Surround Sound-Setup-Hdmi-Video-Digital Optics-To-RCA Help :D

blakebishop1989

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
Hello i am currently using a samsung Tv Mohls6187wxixaa it's a 62 inch, i'm currently using direct Tv and have a small direct tv hd receiver which is connected to the tv via hdmi, which is fine however i have an older set of coby surround sound theatre system speakers and subwoofer id like to use, the model is csp86, it's older and only has RCA hook ups, i would like to use the HDMI for Video only, and use my subwoofer + speakers for sound. Do i need a digital cable to RCA or an 3.5 mm to RCA cord to set this up? please help, thank you

cozmium

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
If there are no analogue outputs on the direct tv thing, you will need a digital decoder - you can't just hook it up with wires alone, something has to turn the digital signal into analogue. Decoders are generally expensive, and harder to find, so a receiver with analogue outputs would (or even drive the speakers from it) perhaps be a more prudent choice.

cozmium

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
If there are no analogue outputs on the direct tv thing, you will need a digital decoder - you can't just hook it up with wires alone, something has to turn the digital signal into analogue. Decoders are generally expensive, and harder to find, so a receiver with analogue outputs would (or even drive the speakers from it) perhaps be a more prudent choice.

Speedbumphonda

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
kris192 Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 0
ggg_123 Streaming Video & TVs 4
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
BiggameDave49 Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1