surround sound system Home theater

mryyass

Prominent
Dec 26, 2017
I am looking to buy a home theater surround sound system. I want to have as few boxes and as few remotes as possible. I am currently using a home theater surround sound made my Samsung that is 5.1 channels and I am happy with it. It is about 6 years old.
I want one like my old Samsung 7.1 channel unit that is all in one box. My old one has DVD player and surround sound system receiver in one box and my TV is Samsung and it can all be controlled with one remote
I am looking to buy newer version for a new room and I am starting from scratch. New TV New sound system. I have tried to google what to buy and I have tried to study on Ebay but I am running into label and tagging problems. I want to buy 7.1 channel system but I get one thousand 5.1 channel systems labeled as 7.1. Also I get hits of all types of receivers and surround sound boxes that do not have it all in one. It looks as if I need to buy several boxes.
My question is multi-part. Am I doing the search wrong? I am sure there is some type of unit like the one I am looking for. But I cannot seem to find a unit that is 7.1 channel and if so I am not looking to brake the bank either.
I have tried to Google it. I just tried to Google it again with different variations. I keep getting 5.1 listed as 7.1. Looking at the pictures you can clearly see it has 5 speakers. I don't know. I am sure what I am looking for is out there I just cannot find it.
Thank you in advance and please excuse my ignorance. :)

mryyass

Prominent
Dec 26, 2017

Thank you for your reply. It looks like what I am looking for except it does not have the DVD player included. :-(

mryyass

Prominent
Dec 26, 2017
I have tried to Google it. I just tried to Google it again with different variations. I keep getting 5.1 listed as 7.1. Looking at the pictures you can clearly see it has 5 speakers. I don't know. I am sure what I am looking for is out there I just cannot find it.