Surround system recongnized but doesn't play

panchy

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
I just bought a Inland pro sound 5.1 speaker system and plugged everything in the correct input. When I go to my playback devices and set the 5.1 surround everything is working(as in i press Test and all the speakers work). But when I play music or watch a movie only the Front Left and Front right work and my Center, Subwoofer, Rear Left, and Rear right don't work.
I think it is a setting somewhere that i need to fix, I don't know where or how to fix it so if someone could please help me with my issue that would be great.

Solution
Music is 2.0 so there's nothing to fix. If you want all your speakers to play you need to enable something like speaker fill, all channel stereo, or pro logic.

For movies, make sure your media player is set to 5.1 playback.

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
Music is 2.0 so there's nothing to fix. If you want all your speakers to play you need to enable something like speaker fill, all channel stereo, or pro logic.

For movies, make sure your media player is set to 5.1 playback.

Solution

panchy

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010

I found the box for speaker fill and after checking that, my rear left/right and center started to work. But the sub woofer is still not playing, any ideas on what to do on that?
Thanks for your reply.