Survey: Fewer Dropped Calls with VZN iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I hate At&T! They claim I owe $1200. They charged me night and weekend minutes and the service guy said sorry then said we will erase the bill if you op for a more expensive plan. Next month I get a bill for that $1200. I called and complain and a week later they passed it to collections agency!!!! I would rather cut my throat with a rusty butter knife then give them my money.

G

I hate At&T! They claim I owe $1200. They charged me night and weekend minutes and the service guy said sorry then said we will erase the bill if you op for a more expensive plan. Next month I get a bill for that $1200. I called and complain and a week later they passed it to collections agency!!!! I would rather cut my throat with a rusty butter knife then give them my money.

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Lol surprise surprise. The phone doesn't change the same story. Hate Verizon all you want, fewest drop calls than any network.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Really, in 8 years ive had AT&T no issues and had the Iphone since 07. Apparently they didnt survey me or many like me on AT&T. Garbage posting. When i talk to people that are on Verizon they always sound like their talking thru a tube.[/citation]

Must be AT&T's network because I've had Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint....and had the same problem with every AT&T user I've talked to....

The surveys, were done based on satisfaction with the service overall. The dropped call ratings were based on actual network data and not customer claims to prevent having inaccurate figures based on customers lying about how frequently their calls are dropped. The figures derived from the survey aren't intended to be taken as 100% accurate because they're not. The figures are based on a percentage of the polling size. If they specifically searched for "people like you"...their poll stats would be completely worthless, just like your post.

G

The iPhone is still gonna suck no matter what network its on. I bought the iPhone for Verizon only to have it drop 3 out of my first 5 calls. Consiquently my old LG dare only dropped 1 call in 2 years. Did a little research and found out I was holding the phone the wrong way aka "death grip". Told the Verizon rep whats going on and they acted like I was crazy. They said AT&T only had that problem and the phone for Verizon had been updated with a better antenna. It shocked me to have spent $200 for a phone that couldnt make simple phone calls. Needless to say I returned the Iphone for the Thunderbolt and couldnt be happier.

homieboss

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
i have had verizon for 8 years verizon is the best network you could have always have service wer every i go i had att it sucks hated it always droped my calls verizon never dropped a call expect one time that was it ya verizon has cdma but they get serivice every where you go and the singal strenth is always good or 100% att poor or 100% my brother has had att since the first iphone has been out and i had verizon going to Pittsburgh PA this past year and before when he had att he had 1 bar of service or 2 sometimes no serivice at time i had verizon 100% service the whole way down or 95% serivice all i have to say verizons network is the best and its fast

homieboss

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
i have had verizon for 8 years verizon is the best network you could have always have service wer every i go i had att it sucks hated it always droped my calls verizon never dropped a call expect one time that was it ya verizon has cdma but they get serivice every where you go and the singal strenth is always good or 100% att poor or 100% my brother has had att since the first iphone has been out and i had verizon going to Pittsburgh PA this past year and before when he had att he had 1 bar of service or 2 sometimes no serivice at time i had verizon 100% service the whole way down or 95% serivice all i have to say verizons network is the best and its fast

homieboss

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
and i have always loved the iphone its such a cool phone and the technology of the phone is fonominal great smart phone the best one out there right the the droid is second or about the same. and now i have the iphone 4 because it came out on verizons network i have it now its a great phone

G

Not a surprise... CDMA systems will always have fewer dropped calls than the older GSM systems will. Since CDMA uses soft handoff when transitioning between cells (all cells and phones talk on the same channel, so your phone can be on multiple towers simultaneously), the only time it's possible to drop a call during a cell transition is if you're going into a roaming cell site as the phone controls the cell handoff process. The older GSM standard cannot do soft handoff, so you have to hope that the next cell can accept your call with an available timeslot (GSM has a fixed limit to its cell capacity unlike CDMA), then hope your phone changes to the correct channel and timesync within the transition connect period. It's really a miracle that any cell-to-cell transition is possible with the old GSM standard.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Really, in 8 years ive had AT&T no issues and had the Iphone since 07. Apparently they didnt survey me or many like me on AT&T. Garbage posting. When i talk to people that are on Verizon they always sound like their talking thru a tube.[/citation]

Well, since you represent the whole country I guess we should believe you over the 4,000 surveyed. /sarcasm

In my area AT&T is actually pretty good because their coverage is good (along with the other three), but just a few miles north of here it sucks. AT&T, in general, just has less coverage than other providers nationwide. There are a few areas where Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile have lesser coverage than AT&T, but the majority of the time it is AT&T that has issues.

Apparently you live in an area with great AT&T coverage too. Good for you--seriously. But just because YOU don't have issues doesn't mean the rest of the country is like that.

fyend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Is there a % higher than 100% ? My brother drops calls on his AT&T iphone 4 to me every single call, multiple times even when calling my old land line at the house (in case you were thinking it was my own cell).

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
You know your service is really bad when your solution to fix the signal problems is to have the customer buy a device that leverages the internet connection he pays for, then pay AT&T a service fee for using the device, just so you can have a decent cell phone signal at your home that you and your neighbors can use. Why fix the network when you can generate revenue from it being broken with stupid solutions like that. AT&T has always been late to the game with their network. 3g is not even rolled out everywhere. Even here in Atlanta, I can drive down a major highway and loose calls left and right. They really need to invest in their network more. It is really bad.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
I had AT&T for years. It was horrible. Calls would drop every 10 min at the best. Sometimes I'd have to redial 3 times for a 2 min conversation. People who had Verizon sounded like crap on the phone. People who had AT&T also sounded like crap on the phone. Switched to Verizon, and a few years later I haven't had a single dropped call since switching. AT&T people still sound like crap on the phone (expected... they're on AT&T) but fellow Verizonites sound crystal clear.

lasik124

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]You forgot to mention the 100% drop rate for data connections on Verizon iPhones when they want to make a call.[/citation]

Well id rather not go on the internet and being able to talk to someone than not be able to go on the internet and talk to someone because the service is horrible.

I rarely ever need to go on the internet when im talking to someone and when I do, I would just go on the computer lol its faster and easier to do than all on your phone. Plus I have wifi everywhere so I can talk and surf the web if I needed to. Fail for AT&T

Status
Not open for further replies.