Solved! swapping HD from Tosh to HP

Mar 27, 2018
Hi guys,my Toshiba screen is broken ,can i transfer the HD to an older but working HP [it does occasionally get blue screen stop code] i have no back up discs, all lost in transit when moving ,i have back up for some pictures files,both are Win10 now ,HP G62 , toshiba L150-B-1D7,
Thanks in advance Colin

Solution
probably not, due to differences in hardware and drivers it may just bluescreen and shut down without ever booting. Also, the licensing will be an issue unless you are the owner of the license.
best option, if you are just looking to recover the data, put the drive in an external HD case, connect through USB on a working computer and transfer the data. Programs are not transferrable, so you will only be able to get the data.
probably not, due to differences in hardware and drivers it may just bluescreen and shut down without ever booting. Also, the licensing will be an issue unless you are the owner of the license.
best option, if you are just looking to recover the data, put the drive in an external HD case, connect through USB on a working computer and transfer the data. Programs are not transferrable, so you will only be able to get the data.

Solution