Swedes Turn Bottle Bank Into Arcade Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
kudos to the Swedes! Such good sports. Wonder if this thing will work over here, with all the sour grapes losers, that thing won't last an hour.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Do you guys in the US have something like a bottles for cash sheme? I live in South Australia and the government pays us 10c for each bottle we take to the recycling centre (you can put them with the weekly recycling of course, but you won't get money that way).

Just wondering if we're the only ones who do that.

squall leonhart

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
We have a deposit system for sodas in aluminum cans and bottles. But that is all. Other stuff where you haven't paid a deposit like wine, sauces, jams, and whatsoever that is being sold in a jar or bottle made of glas is supposed to be dropped in bottle tanks or at the local recycling center.

//Christoffer, Sweden

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]urlsen[/nom]and no it does not play crisis, so dont even ask[/citation]
Give me a bottle bank that plays Crysis, and then I just might...

scurvywombat

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2008
[citation][nom]r0x0r[/nom]Do you guys in the US have something like a bottles for cash sheme? I live in South Australia and the government pays us 10c for each bottle we take to the recycling centre (you can put them with the weekly recycling of course, but you won't get money that way).Just wondering if we're the only ones who do that.[/citation]

It varies from state to state. I think 11 states have some sort of cash value for it, ranging from 5 to 10 cents. New York, Michigan, and California are the only ones I can name off the top of my head.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
the swedes are awesome with their inventions. rewarding ppl for doing things that are good is the best way to get them to do them, obviously. Kinda like integrating games with exercise, makes it not only beneficial but entertaining.

lifelesspoet

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
Put one of these outside a pub and then post the video, thats a video i wanna see.
Here in the us, I would have to save my bottles, haul them to the recycling center and hop they take them. If i fill up my trunk, then i might get enough to buy the gas it took me to get there.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Or simply teach people to recycle like they did in Japan. No non-sense, just pure Japanese sensibility.

BTW, how close is the normal bottle bank to this Arcade? I think some people that used to dump at the regular place took it over to the arcade for the novelty.

Status
Not open for further replies.