Swimmer Plays GTA IV for 55 Hours, Sets Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwiffo

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
oh man, they have records for these things? give a few 14 year olds enough soda and they can have that record beat, easy!

Chipi

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
I can also let the game running for 60 hours and then say I played that long. Would that get my name in the Guinness Book of World Records? And I don't even want a swimming pool, a new graphics card will do just fine.

jon bon wonton

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Hellboy[/nom]one think that springs to mind....Why ?????[/citation]
Scherer is an assistant coach for the Swimming Eagles in Ft. Campbell, Ky., and did the gaming record stunt in an effort to raise money to build a swimming pool for his team.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
The longest I ever sat playing a video game was Halo 2 on the original Xbox. A friend and I played Co-Op for 21 1/2 hours uninterrupted. Granted, we each had the other to help stay awake... Either way, after that session I swore off games for the next month. I was so tired!

(I realize that's not very hardcore, I'm just sharing my experience!)

G

Wow, we're really stooping to new lows here for technical news. First of all, such a record is silly to begin with. Secondly, who cares ?

snowmanwithahat

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
I'm almost 100% sure that this has been beaten but no one ever bothered to record it.

WOTLK expansion release for WoW for example... I know there was people that were up for more than 48+ hours leveling, took them roughly 3 days play-time to go from 70 to 80.

therogerwilco

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
other than the fact I find this completely retarded...
GTA sucks, not news worthy
and
"It is because of swimming that I'm able to do what I'm doing right now."
Wow. Talk about retarded?

That's like saying...
"It is because of adrenaline, I am able to fuck your wife for 20 hours straight!"

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
I remember me and my best friend at 14 doing this ourselves. But it was 3 days. Alas, we took small breaks to eat, drink, walk, and go outside for a bit.

nirvanabah

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Not quite sure I see the similarity of the two statements you just posted therogerwilco...

Back on topic, while impressive in a weird way, what does it mean by "straight"? Clearly he had to have eaten, gone to the restroom, etc, right?

G

Umm this is NOT a world record.

Im sorry but ive personally broken this record at least a dozen times. Not for GTA, but for other games. Ive done ~72 hour sessions multiple times. I also have friends who have done more then 55 hours for certain.

Wish i was sitll in my 20s id go break this 'record' in a heart beat.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
The longest I ever played a game, well swapping every hour was about 11-12 hours total, Final Fantasy VII. I had the PC version and I supposedly beat it in less than 10 hours, but I think there was a windows time glitch, since me and my buddy maybe got about half-way through the game in that time (On the PS one)

Status
Not open for further replies.