Question Switching between Surface & Chromebook one one external monitor without KVM switch??

Dec 23, 2020
I have a Surface Book 2 and an HP Chromebook but can't find out how to connect both to a single external monitor - only one visible at at time is fine, no need to be able to see essay writer both at once on the monitor - without going the KVM switcher route. I think it is possible to switch using monitor software controls, but a physical switch - using one click rather than navigating an on-screen menu - seems simpler and easier. I would be grateful for recommendations.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

Titan
Assuming you are using HDMI for the connection from both systems, they make HDMI switches https://www.amazon.com/GANA-Intelligent-Switcher-Splitter-Supports/dp/B0739GSKV2/ref=asc_df_B0739GSKV2/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=216591984952&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3546583530928829382&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004857&hvtargid=pla-349848130209&psc=1

Just keep in mind the cheap ones may not be the best quality as far as reliability or even working out of the box, but the expensive ones cost as much as a whole new monitor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop General Discussion 2
E Laptop General Discussion 4
T Laptop General Discussion 2
V Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 10
mukuljain02 Laptop General Discussion 3
B Laptop General Discussion 1
K Laptop General Discussion 1
NathanV. Laptop General Discussion 0
Nicola0927 Laptop General Discussion 1
H Laptop General Discussion 0