Symantec Offering Free Norton Security for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Ya, how about no? It would need to be light on memory usage and processor usage...and WORK. For most people on this site they know that this is not possible with a Symantec product.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Norton antivirus will make your system will be too busy even to run a virus program...that is the basic logic of Norton antivirus...keeping the system busy so that it can not anything else!

Now, you want us to have it on our phone? Are you sure that you spare enough room for the phone even to do phone calls?

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]mobrocket[/nom]Additionally, a recent Norton survey found that 36 percent of consumers in the U.S. have had their cell phone lost or stolen.... YOUR POINT?[/citation]
Guess they are trying to say that Norton can help with that or something?

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I understand that we'll reach a point where we'll have to protect our phones, since they're becoming an increasingly attractive target for thieves and hackers. However, Symantec is the last company I would trust with this task. I want my phone to be more than a shiny paperweight.

G

Have any of you people used a RECENT version (last 3-4 years) of Norton Antivirus or Norton Internet Security? I couldn't agree more that they USED to be terrible resource hogs in earlier incarnations. But the current versions are actually pretty streamlined, slick, and non-intrusive.

Riv4L

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
[citation][nom]KeyOne[/nom]Have any of you people used a RECENT version (last 3-4 years) of Norton Antivirus or Norton Internet Security? I couldn't agree more that they USED to be terrible resource hogs in earlier incarnations. But the current versions are actually pretty streamlined, slick, and non-intrusive.[/citation]

They lost my vote when they were being packaged as bloatware and given to the consumer without them having an informed decision about what anti-virus to take.

MrLocoCoco

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
mobrocket : Additionally, a recent Norton survey found that 36 percent of consumers in the U.S. have had their cell phone lost or stolen.... YOUR POINT?

Guess they are trying to say that Norton can help with that or something?

I can only assume it has to do with "...which includes blocking phishing and malicious websites, photo and call history backup, remote wipe and lock, and more."

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Those who said "Norton is a memory hog" or similar stuff means they haven't use anything recent from Symantec.

it use so much less memory and cpu cycles now and it's one of the lowest footprint anti-virus/security software out there.

if you don't know shit, that's perfectly ok, just keep ur mouth shut, that's all. don't try to act like a know-it-all.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Riv4L[/nom]They lost my vote when they were being packaged as bloatware and given to the consumer without them having an informed decision about what anti-virus to take.[/citation]

then maybe you should stop buying the cheapest garbage laptop/desktop that you can find.

Cuz last laptop I got, hmm, a decent spec one, has no bloatware that everybody talked about. on the other hand, my gf got the cheapest crap from Dell that cost for 399, guess what, it's loaded with garbage.

I guess it's too hard for morons to understand this line : you get what you paid for.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]chick0n[/nom]Those who said "Norton is a memory hog" or similar stuff means they haven't use anything recent from Symantec. it use so much less memory and cpu cycles now and it's one of the lowest footprint anti-virus/security software out there.if you don't know shit, that's perfectly ok, just keep ur mouth shut, that's all. don't try to act like a know-it-all.[/citation]
Ok, so they have improved in the resource department and a slick UI...but...Norton still detects malware for shit. I know this so I must know "shit"...

Status
Not open for further replies.