Symantec Sucks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
I've run into yet another instance of symantec doing what it does best... and that is suck.

When one of my users emails me saying they have a virus... I hope for the best, maybe it's just a spoof IE pop up or something harmless. We spend $2000 per year on our symantec endpoint security renewal so... hell, it should work right?

WRONG. I spent 30 minutes messing with this girls computer and had to grab a spare computer to put her on because it's going to take a good amount of time to get her system back up and running without this Personal Anti virus BU#$@*U( which has disabled task manager and regedit from running.

When I have a virus, my first course of action shouldn't be to install another anti virus product if i already have one that cost $2000. Symantec sucks... that is the point of this thread. Your product is meaningless if it can't do it's job.

End Solution?

I'm switching to VIPRE by sunbelt software for $10 per seat for 50 seats. So instead of $2000 it's going to be $500 and it's actually going to work as opposed to this crap symantec is selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.