Symbian Lover: "Nokia is Losing Hard"

Status
Not open for further replies.

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
dammit ~_~ me too
no consistent reliable OS
not so edgy hardware (compared to competition)
but honestly, the N8 and so called N9 are a step forward
they need to put some thought into a good operating system.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Nokia said also that they will not use Symbian for any N-Series in the future, and N8 will the last one with Symbian.
Let see if Meego (Nokia's next step) can keep up the phase with Android, if not, it is the end of Nokia who has said clearly that they don't want or plan to use Android.

aaron686

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
I own the n97 and the software/UI is so ancient. It has some great features but the hardware (aka ram and processor) and the OS needs major improvement. The new maemo OS seems much better, but not even close to the android OS though. Nokia needs to rethink what consumers want.

ngom52

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
nokia is putting too much focus at the low-end market; true, they are still the undisputed king of basic, low cost phones but keep going like this and they'll end up being the next siemens/alcatel/palm.

come on nokia, jump on the android bandwagon already!

G

very true, I read the post on Symbian-Guru and it is really sad to know that Symbian is getting to an end. I won't say that Nokia should just jump on Android bandwagon because they've got Symbian and now Meego. They should just focus on developers and marketing efforts. And please Android and Nokia must avoid OS fragmentation because that really annoys developers. Look at Apple, people love them because of common sense & massive cheap or mostly free apps.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Nokia was actually my favorite brand,when it gets to cellphhone, but that Symbian thing is way out of date.
Symbian OS belongs to the Museum this days, since there is not even a single significant improvement since my first Symbian phones (3660 and my N-Gage)years ago. My last Symbian phone is X6 for not more than 4 months.
Even I have an HTC Desire with me now (I bought that 3 weeks ago)and I like my Desire better than my X6, so, Nokia, you better act fast or you will loose your faithful customers!
I hope that Meego of yours will be able to compete with Android.

klarkmdb

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
I still believe in Nokia pulling out something with their Meego or their improved symbian3 (if that's ever coming out) if that has really something to lay down on the table. It's my favorite brand too.

Status
Not open for further replies.