Sysprep imaged computer?

Dsdg18

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
I have an old dell computer (2007) that I recently put back into service. I found some things that made me think that the hard drive had been imaged. I believe it was factory preinstalled with windows xp. It has a password protected main user account that was mostly used while in service. It has another named user account that was rarely used and it has the hidden admin account and a blank user account(guest?). All these account have a "recent" folder. In the admin, named user, and (guest?) User recent folder, I see a shortcut to sysprep folder and a shortcut to wimbom, and a shortcut to wimbom(2) in that order. Would this be leftover from the dell factory preinstall? When I attempt to see the details of the shortcuts, it says the files are no longer in that location so it wont show me dates. Is there anyway to tell when a shortcut was added to recent files?

Thanks for all the help!

Solution
Not sure what the question is exactly here, what is wrong with the drive being imaged if it was? What exactly is the issue with the system? Are you just trying to figure out how the system was setup? If you are not sure, why not just re-install Windows on it again clean?

If it was a Dell OEM image, when you look at the properties of the computer you are likely to see a Dell logo there with a "supported by Dell" there as well.
Not sure what the question is exactly here, what is wrong with the drive being imaged if it was? What exactly is the issue with the system? Are you just trying to figure out how the system was setup? If you are not sure, why not just re-install Windows on it again clean?

If it was a Dell OEM image, when you look at the properties of the computer you are likely to see a Dell logo there with a "supported by Dell" there as well.

Solution