T-Mobile 3G Will Do 21 Mbps in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
Thats twice my pc isp speed. Crazy. I'd be happy with a quarter of that. How much is all this gonna cost the consumer? I'd rather have unlimited data. Hi-def video doesn't even require those speeds. What exactly are these people doing on these phones?

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
El_capitan you are probably right!!!!!! BUT at the moment I am going to say WOW!!!!!!!!!!! THIS I MUST SEE TO BELIEVE!

liemfukliang

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2008
I guest in US or other country we can sue ISP if the internet speed is to difference than theoritical speed. In Indonesia we can't :(. That why the Indonesia Internet speed is just 0,005 mbps in HSDPA with the cost of about 6 MCD BIG MAC / month unlimited. I hope Indonesia will do the same as T-Mobile soon (hopefully this is not a kind of Mission Impossible [-o

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
I am still waiting to see what Verizons next gen network will bring. From what I hear its supposed to offer the over the air equivalent of their FiOS speeds internet.

G

T-mobile doesn't have as many customers along with not having iphone users which use something like 7 times more bandwidth then a normal smart phone user.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
T-Mobile gives you 21Mbps!*

*21Mbps achievable only if user is only person on the network and is accessing server based less than 10 feet away. Also user must be standing next to the phone tower. All planets must also be in alignment, and user must also offer a sacrificial virgin or their first-born to T-Mobile in order to achieve quoted speeds.

G

And don't forget its 21Mbps ONLY on the cities that TMobile may have 3G in, I waited 2 years for 3G to exist on the TMobile network before I switched to ATT and I haven't looked back. I believe the statement would hold more water if TMobile. Making a statement is one thing, making it happen is a very different one.

HSPA+ in 2010, translates to maybe ONE city having it on Dec 31st, 2010. You can't trust anything TMobile says.

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]war2k9[/nom]T-Mobile works better than ATT in san francisco.[/citation]
[citation][nom]thejerk[/nom]and in chicago[/citation]

Same. i been on rode trips from Washington DC all the way to Philmont (Cimarron, NM) Thanks to boy scouting. I had coverage from all though locations with T-mobile. So i do believe they will do what they say. (Been a t-mobile costumer for 7 year years.)

ukgooey

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009
[citation][nom]r0x0r[/nom]T-Mobile gives you 21Mbps!**21Mbps achievable only if user is only person on the network and is accessing server based less than 10 feet away. Also user must be standing next to the phone tower. All planets must also be in alignment, and user must also offer a sacrificial virgin or their first-born to T-Mobile in order to achieve quoted speeds.[/citation]
You legend :)
[citation][nom]Andraxxus[/nom]Anything to beat the pigeon.[/citation]
You too :)

I will say that T-mobile has the best customer service I have ever come across. Having said that, if these speed claims turn out to be true I'll sautee my own bollocks and serve them on a bed of crisp lettuce with a dollop of marie-rose sauce (these aren't just any sauteed bollocks. they're M&S sauteed bollocks).

mfa385

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]warmon6[/nom]Same. i been on rode trips from Washington DC all the way to Philmont (Cimarron, NM) Thanks to boy scouting. I had coverage from all though locations with T-mobile. So i do believe they will do what they say. (Been a t-mobile costumer for 7 year years.)[/citation]

T-Mobile also has the best coverage/reception in the Memphis, TN area

G

I'm very surprised to see that people in the US are so excited about HSPA+ "coming soon in select cities". In Romania (you know, that small eastern european country) we have 21,6 Mb mobile internet on two carriers already.

Status
Not open for further replies.