T-Mobile: All Phones Free on June 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrust2night

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
If Sprint would allow its loyal customers to get full discount on upgrades every year like Sprint Premier customers, they would do a lot better. After 7 years with TMobile I'm moving to Sprint. Tried to talk to TMobile's "Customer Loyalty" department and all they said was good luck. If they don't care about my business I'm more than happy to move on.

dertoter

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
I'm sorry but tmobile is just bad. My g/f used to use tmobile and their customer service was probably the worst customer service i had ever spoke with. Do you remember when the sidekick service was down for what seemed like at least 2 months? Well, they didn't really care. No compensation what so ever. We pushed to cancel the line but they threatened the Early Termination Fee. Too bad in their TOS at the time it stated we were given the right to cancel the line due to none function equipment/service. Take that tmobile!

Basically, don't go with Tmobile. Ever since we switched to Sprint i've never had a problem and their customer service is very helpful!

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]daworstplaya[/nom]If only T-mobile had nationwide presence and coverage. Sigh ...[/citation]
They actually do have a nationwide presence, and their coverage is no worse than AT&T's. In many cases (for me anyway) their coverage is better than AT&T.

Their data coverage is somewhat lacking compared to Verizon, but I don't exactly need data when I'm driving through the middle of a desert/forest.

jakmove

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
[citation][nom]thrust2night[/nom]If Sprint would allow its loyal customers to get full discount on upgrades every year like Sprint Premier customers, they would do a lot better. After 7 years with TMobile I'm moving to Sprint. Tried to talk to TMobile's "Customer Loyalty" department and all they said was good luck. If they don't care about my business I'm more than happy to move on.[/citation]

Sprint said the same thing to me. I was with them for 9 years and they couldn't do anything for me until I cancelled my subscription.

foscooter

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
This is not suppose to be T-Mobiel bashing. It's about FREE phones. Too bas I'm already a T-Mobile family plan customer. I want a HTC HD2! (Actually an EVO, but wrong plan)

bardia

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2007
I'm un-interested in any cell company which requires smart phones to have data plans as a condition of having them on the network. It's outrageous. Wifi was put into phones for a reason. I don't need 24/7 contact with facebook. SMS and WIFI to send/receive email when I'm out of town is ideal for me. I have no idea how all these people can afford $20-30/mn EXTRA just for data.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
I'm not exactly happy with what we're offered in Canada (where I live at least). Every provider has something seriously wrong with them, there's nobody that are tolerable to deal with. Definately no free phones :(

ErrolDC

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
I actually thought Tmobile's cust service is the best I've seen - but their network coverage and voice quality was bad... I actually owned an HD2 and I just got got out of my contact because their services was so bad in my area... I have an EVO now lol

G

i have hd2 and have had few complaints about t mobile coverage or service, 3g was lacking until recently but seems fine where i live!

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
so this is only for ppl that switch over? how about there current customers :p nice... I also agree that having to have to have data plans is ridiculous, i get buy with edge if i need to look something up quick (or slow in this case) but its enough, plus wifi works in most places... and basic txt/pix is enough

tried to get my parents a new phone, only to find out that every cheapo phone req now data plan... that is stupid, parents hardly txt so why would they need data plan o_O

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]daworstplaya[/nom]If only T-mobile had nationwide presence and coverage. Sigh ...[/citation]

T-mobile does... however its coverage is kind of weak. I used to have quite a few friends using T-mobile service (because of their cheap plan) when I was in Buffalo, NY few years ago. Base on their experience, T-mobile signal was the worst of all (Verizon, Cingular/AT&T, Sprint).

Is it better now? I am not sure. Hope so....

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I would advise against T-Mobile at all costs. Their service is poor and the customer service is down right revolting. The bad experince for my wife and I didn't even end with the contract. When her contract was about to end soon she called to verify such and to alert them that she would not like to renew the contract. So they told her to call the day before it ends again just to make sure everything goes smoothly which she did (both calls I witnessed and heard as well)

Then a few months later we get some mail about a overdue bill. Confused by this we called them up and it turns out they didn't cancel the service and continued to charge us. We explained to them that we called twice to make sure that the service was to be terminated and that we did not use their service once within those months. (My wife got a new cellphone and provider right after the T-Moible contract ended) The woman my wife spoke to was very rude and refused to remove what we "owed" them. So my wife hangs up in frustration and was hoping to just call the next day and get someone reasonable...

Of course we didn't we got another woman who was a pure bitch on the phone. Not only did she also reject taking away the charges that were past the contract but she also randomly pointed out that they keep logs and mark down if people were rude or not and said my wife was rude in the last call to the other woman! (My wife by the end of it was indeed frustrated but with obvious good reason and she was quite polite) At this point I told my wife to hand me the phone. I spoke to this woman and once again explained what happened and she did not care one bit. So I told her that I refuse to pay these charges as they aren't valid. So she threatens me that it will go to a collection agency and I replied that they won't get it out of me either and if they wish to take it to court over such a petty amount I know I would win as it was outside the contract and we expressed we did not wish to continue the service. She pauses for about 20 seconds and then threatens our credit score. So I just laughed and hung up.

Years later not one collection agency contacted me about it, Not one more mail from T-Mobile, and not a mark on my credit.
They knew damn well they could not do a damn thing to a ex- customer out of contract who they decided to charge for no reason. Yet they tried to bully us into paying it anyways and I wonder how many they have done this to and how many actually fell for it. Take it from our experience T-mobile is the worst avoid them like the plague!

gizmo123

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
Wait, is this for every country that has T-Mobile or just specific ones? I was wondering if this would be possible in Germany?

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
I'm sorry but tmobile is just bad. My g/f used to use tmobile and their customer service was probably the worst customer service i had ever spoke with. Do you remember when the sidekick service was down for what seemed like at least 2 months? Well, they didn't really care. No compensation what so ever. We pushed to cancel the line but they threatened the Early Termination Fee. Too bad in their TOS at the time it stated we were given the right to cancel the line due to none function equipment/service. Take that tmobile!

I've had a four major phone companys for providers and i find Tmobile to be the Best by far. I never have dropped calls, i get service every time i go on a trip, when ever i have called customer service they always treat me like Royallty. ATT is the worst and Sprint is second worst, if i ever left Tmobile it would probably be for Verizon cause their the only ones that come close to the quality i get from Tmobile.

Saljen

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
I know that T-Mobile has really awesome no-contract plans, do you have to sign up for a 2 year contract for a free phone on the 19th?

Status
Not open for further replies.