T-Mobile Confirms HTC G2, Successor to the G1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]bonezy[/nom]Please let it have a hardware keyboard.[/citation]
+1. And no eFUSE,etc and add Snapdragon and sell a unlocked version too.

gio2vanni86

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
This is great, can't wait to see the spec's. I have a G1 myself and i absolutely love the phone. It would be nice if it still had a slide keyboard. Hate those small touch pad ones on phones, can't press one keypad worth my life.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009

Heh. I was thinking the exact opposite. Slide out keyboards add bulk, weight, and are the first thing to break in phones. I still love my BlackBerry Bold 9000 qwerty keyboard but it is so limiting in functionality. I type much faster on my iPod Touch. To each his own but my next phone will be a slate.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I'm with you, only reason I don't move to a Samsung Vibrant right now is no keyboard. Yeah, they got the My Touch Slide, but the G2 around the corner, I'm gonna hold out.

darkbunny

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
Wouldn't their "answer" to the Epic be the Vibrant, since they're the same basic phone? I would think this would be their answer for the Droid 2 or something like that.

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Heh. I was thinking the exact opposite. Slide out keyboards add bulk, weight, and are the first thing to break in phones. I still love my BlackBerry Bold 9000 qwerty keyboard but it is so limiting in functionality. I type much faster on my iPod Touch. To each his own but my next phone will be a slate.[/citation]

There aren't that many upcoming hardware keyboard Android phones coming out, so you'll excuse me if I would rather have the G2 be a logical successor to the G1. It's slim pickings for us HW KB lovers.

And though I somtimes use swype, I never could understand how anyone using a touchscreen keyboard (weight and bulk aside) could prefer it to a real keyboard. I type pretty fast on my home computer's Logitech G11 keyboard, and if you replaced it with a same sized touchscreen keyboard, I'd lose speed and that tactile feedback.

Do people seriously prefer tapping on a screen for text input? I'm sorry, but I can type in the dark or while holding looking around with my Droid. I can't do that with my gf's iPhone. I understand the BB keyboards are cramped, but I hardly think the crApple's solution is the best. But oh well, I'm sure some company sooner or later will take a step backwards in evolution and create a larger home version of a touchscreen keyboard.

I mean, they did make first-person shooters for the controllers on consoles.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
The only person I knew who had/still has a G1 doesn't even know how to use the market. She bought it as a status symbol. Sad people would pay $30 extra every month for a status symbol.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]hillarymakesmecry[/nom]The only person I knew who had/still has a G1 doesn't even know how to use the market. She bought it as a status symbol. Sad people would pay $30 extra every month for a status symbol.[/citation]

LOL, $30 a month? That's nothing; you should see what people pay for a mercedes, bmw, jaguar, etc.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]hillarymakesmecry[/nom]The only person I knew who had/still has a G1 doesn't even know how to use the market. She bought it as a status symbol. Sad people would pay $30 extra every month for a status symbol.[/citation]
How do you think Apple stays in business? In fact, how do you think MOST companies stay in business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Linga1985 Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
V Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
I Streaming Video & TVs 7
W Streaming Video & TVs 2
I Streaming Video & TVs 2