T-Mobile Downsizing Call Center Staff to Match Subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCapulet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
These are the kind of guys that are making 12-14 bucks an hour to raise families or pay for college, and just barely scrape by. American call centers are fantastic places to work, when they're not laying everyone off. On the other hand, the way T-mobile is stepping up and offering outgoing healthcare and job coaching is fantastic. It's rare that the big bad corporation lends a hand in making a terrible situation just a little better.

[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]furst! u jelly?[/citation]
You're an idiot.

visa

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
[citation][nom]zzz_b[/nom]So... when we call the remaining centers will we here a heavy Indian accent???[/citation]

I hate getting support from heavy Indians!

fatality1515

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
I feel sorry for the people who lost their job.. BUT how is this news relevant to hardware? I expect to see this type of news in the local newspaper but not on Tom's Hardware!

On top of that, this "info" is poorly written, just a bunch of job-loss statistics in a company called T-mobile. What does this company do? Who are they? Do they sell ice-cream?
Anyway, I'm glad the ice-cream technicians and the other 17 call centers will be untouched by the company's restructuring.

maddy143ded

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
this happening because US corporate job market is like a sinking ship and every man is for himself. every aspect of the US life has been sold off to corporate world, where there can be jobs for 10 people your corporates prefer to get it done by 2 people and take the other 8 person's salary for themselves.
and before you go blaming Indians for outsourcing. these same Indian outsourcing people created 100,000+ jobs in the US itself in last 5 years, and are responsible for $17b+ in taxes every year to your economy......
what does it matter if i am getting a 100 mbps dl speed on my mobile if i only get to use 2GB per month? it can and will be used up in minutes instead of lasting the whole month.... i would prefer T-Moblie's lower network over the other LTE networks if it was more reasonably charged.

I say that t-Mobile has a tremendous opportunity here, cater not to the 100 people who can afford to spend $100+ per month on their mobile bills and still have to stay within the limits, but cater to other 1000 people who will prefer to spend $80 per month but prefer no limits...

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]maddy143ded[/nom]this happening because US corporate job market is like a sinking ship and every man is for himself. every aspect of the US life has been sold off to corporate world, where there can be jobs for 10 people your corporates prefer to get it done by 2 people and take the other 8 person's salary for themselves. and before you go blaming Indians for outsourcing. these same Indian outsourcing people created 100,000+ jobs in the US itself in last 5 years, and are responsible for $17b+ in taxes every year to your economy......what does it matter if i am getting a 100 mbps dl speed on my mobile if i only get to use 2GB per month? it can and will be used up in minutes instead of lasting the whole month.... i would prefer T-Moblie's lower network over the other LTE networks if it was more reasonably charged.I say that t-Mobile has a tremendous opportunity here, cater not to the 100 people who can afford to spend $100+ per month on their mobile bills and still have to stay within the limits, but cater to other 1000 people who will prefer to spend $80 per month but prefer no limits...[/citation]
Nobody is blaming the Indian people for outsourcing; you can't blame the ones getting the jobs, you can only blame the ones that are sending the jobs overseas in order to maintain the same bonus amount for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.