T-Mobile Launches Tegra 2-powered LG G2X

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosu

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Looks good, what about some performance tested, real world testing like gaming and browser capabilities?And what's very important, battery life.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
That battery will not stand up to Tegra 2 unfortunately, the Atrix has a 1920Mah battery and i've a feeling that would struggle to keep a day's charge.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Yeah lets buy it so a year from now when ATT decides to repurpose TMobiles wireless spectrum my phone magically turns into a brick and then I am forced to renew into a ATT datacapped contract!!!!!

Not!!! Ill just stick to my unlimited crappy Sprint WiMax for now and wait another year and half to see where the market goes.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Griffolion[/nom]That battery will not stand up to Tegra 2 unfortunately, the Atrix has a 1920Mah battery and i've a feeling that would struggle to keep a day's charge.[/citation]

That's a good point, I was wondering why I felt a little odd when I read the 1500 mAh.

G

cknobman, buy it now subsidized on a T-Mobile contract so that no matter what crap AT&T pulls you will have your unlimited data plan for two more years. If AT&T drops support for the T-Mobile frequencies before the end of your contract, you'll certainly have a justified reason for breaking it early without paying a dime. At this point everybody will have a better idea of what's going to happen with the remaining carriers with regard to Android phones, and you will probably be wanting a Tegra3 phone anyway, which you will be able to get early because AT&T broke their end of the contract. The way I see it, now is a pretty good time to lock in a T-Mobile contract, as AT&T is less likely to offer good deals for new contracts when they take over. Besides, as far as I know, AT&T is still honoring grandfathered unlimited plans for their subscribers. They may do something stupid (very likely) but that's no reason not to go ahead and get a new T-Mobile phone.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
What operating system does it run? Android?
Looks like a nice phone. I would use my T-Mobile upgrade to get a discount and buy this phone but I don't want to be forced into getting a data plan. Right now I have a blackberry 9000 w/o a data plan! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.