T-Mobile Score Lets Prepaid Customers Nab Phone Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehritzinator

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012

No, it costs $60 to save $100. You're total savings are $40. It's still an awful deal that anyone with a brain will see through

Chris Droste

Honorable
May 29, 2013
i think you guys are blowing this out of proportion. they are showing sample savings on current, still, fast phones. the concept is you sign up for it, and while you wont save right away, next year you might see $100-150 off whatever the current phone will be then... Galaxy S6? Note5? Lg G4? at that point, yes you put in $60, but the effect will be say $700phone -$120 SCORE savings = $580 new phone +60 for the plan price. it makes T-Mo money because they get interest off your $5/mo and you get your money + another $5/mo saved. Granted the savings probably won't scale but most carriers are happy to combine discounts when it's time for you to upgrade. is this plan awesome? pft. no but anything to help shoulder the hefty price of buying a new smartphone in plain english is OK by me.

CherlynnLow

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014
Yea let's be careful about the math here. The $40 savings is net of what you pay over 12 months for the Score program. If you don't think about what you pay to subscribe, then your savings could be around $100 (in the above case)...

But as rightly pointed out by Chris Droste, these are just sample numbers. We won't know for sure how significant the savings will be yet since they will be the same deals offered to those on post-paid plans. Just good to bear in mind, for prepaid customers on Score, that you'll have to consider the $30-$60 subscription fee.

Overall I still think this is a good move to let prepaid customers have the same access to prices they normally wouldn't get!

Status
Not open for further replies.