Tab 4 won't start

surtech

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
Tried suggestions shown and got as far as downloading in is in. The screen has not changed for 3 hours. How long should it tak

Solution
I see. Well then you could try seeing if it will fully load in "Safe Mode". It will restrict access to things, so not something you would stay in, however if it will load while in "Safe Mode" then you know there is something on the device that needs to be removed. Bad app(s), bad update, malware, virus, etc.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.
Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. Remove the battery.
2. Press and hold the "Power" button for 20 seconds.
3. Now put the battery back in.
4. Plug it in to charge and allow it to fully charge before turning it on.

If this doesn't help, then test the charger cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord on your device.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

NOTE: Yes, I know tablet batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. In such a case, make sure that your tablet is not under warranty still before you try opening it up yourself. If it is under warranty, then contact the manufacturer first.

surtech

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

surtech

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
Sorry perhaps i was not clear. My tab 4 starts to boot up but freezes on the 'SAMSUNG ' display where it plays the start tune and will not move past that point

I see. Well then you could try seeing if it will fully load in "Safe Mode". It will restrict access to things, so not something you would stay in, however if it will load while in "Safe Mode" then you know there is something on the device that needs to be removed. Bad app(s), bad update, malware, virus, etc.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution