Tablet For Seniors

k64

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
10" + Cheap Tablet For Seniors

Use - None online banking & word processing

Any OS/hardware recommendations on brands & features needed?
Keyboard is needed.

A little background - Loves Quicken for DOS, Windows Quicken was too complex. I have to admit it too, the old one is better too.

ACE Money Lite was not too bad...

Thanks for the help 8)

leeb2013

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

yeah, but it's difficult to do quicken and word processing without a full size keyboard and mouse...and on a 10" screen too, plus needing Windows to run Quicken or Acemoney lite. I'm sure there are android apps but I've used Excel equivalent on a 10" tablet and it's just a nightmare as is typing anything more than a brief sentence. Best off getting a cheap basic 14" laptop. Tablets are best for quick surfing and clash of clans whilst lying on the sofa!

tsnor

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
I have an 11" lenovo latoptop. Love it. About $200 new at their outlet store when in stock. Agree with leeb2013, keyboard is nice. ThinkPad X121e.

IF you do want a table, not a laptop, then suggest you avoid the junky ones that are cheap. You will go crazy trying to get the touch screen to work right up to when it dies. A decent tablet is as expensive as a notebook. Here's a reference: http://www.cnet.com/topics/tablets/best-tablets/large-tablets/ If 8in is big enough (it would not be for me for doing anything web) then the amazon fire is a good choice, anmazon expects to make their money on it through sales at amazon so it is sold at almost no profit and designed to last: Fire HDX 8.9 Tablet
8.9" HDX Display, Wi-Fi, Optional 4G LTE Wireless, 16 GB, 32 GB, or 64 GB
4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (376 customer reviews)
Starting at
$379.00

leeb2013

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

yeah, but it's difficult to do quicken and word processing without a full size keyboard and mouse...and on a 10" screen too, plus needing Windows to run Quicken or Acemoney lite. I'm sure there are android apps but I've used Excel equivalent on a 10" tablet and it's just a nightmare as is typing anything more than a brief sentence. Best off getting a cheap basic 14" laptop. Tablets are best for quick surfing and clash of clans whilst lying on the sofa!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Android Tablets 2
Rsrafiner Android Tablets 1
S Android Tablets 1
ptt1404 Android Tablets 5
Mxfofo9 Android Tablets 1
V Android Tablets 1
alphacoyle Android Tablets 1
C Android Tablets 0
D Android Tablets 2
S Android Tablets 1
Xjock21 Android Tablets 1