elfin8er

Honorable
May 5, 2013
So, I've been wanting a tablet for a while now. (Listen, the laptops come later) Something that's light, and I can take where ever I want. 4g LTE compatibility would be wonderful, and along with GPS, it would be perfect. I've been looking at the Nexus 7, and the iPad Mini. I like the Nexus 7 because of it's low price point, and it's beautiful screen. Then again, I like iOS a whole lot better, the screen is slightly bigger, and the sound is wonderful.

I've also been wanting to get a pretty decent laptop for an even longer time than a tablet. Something that I can do light weight gaming on, create music, browse the internet, etc.

Then I got to thinking, why not have both and get an ultrabook? I can take my stuff on the go really easily, yet still be able to have all of the desktop options I'd need. I'd love one with a touch screen, and removable keyboard, and if possible, 4g LTE support. A Macbook Air would be an option too. They're super light, and with OSX, I can do all the music creation I want. How ever, I believe more games are supported on Windows then on mac.

Now, I almost jumped and just got the ultrabook. But should I wait until their technologies are a bit better? I don't know if I'll be fine with a 2 GHz processor. I had a netbook when they first came out. Are they going to be as slow as that?

The very tippy top of my price range is 1000 dollars for an ultrabook. But, if I'm going with a tablet, I'm going no higher than the ipad mini. What would you guys suggest? If I should get an ultrabook, which would you suggest? Or should I wait on an ultrabook and get a tablet? Which tablet should I choose?

ram1009

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
Personally, I have no use for portables of any kind especially a tablet. Their functionality is far too limited for me and I can't even hang onto one without dropping it. Where exactly do you propose to carry this tablet?

elfin8er

Honorable
May 5, 2013
When ever I transport it, it'll be in a safe bag, and I'm not planning on carrying it anywhere without the bag. I'll mostly be using it where ever I may get bored for longer than an hour or two xD

elfin8er

Honorable
May 5, 2013
The more I look into Macbook airs, the better they seem. Only $1099 would get me 2.7 Ghz, and 4GB of ram. I'll pretty much just be using it for lightweight gaming (such as minecraft), skype, garage band, and browsing the internet.