Tablet touch screen works only sometimes?

camer0

Estimable
Sep 4, 2014
I dropped my (Android) iView 420TPC Tablet. For a while, the touch screen wouldnt work at all. However, after resetting it, and then leaving it off for a while, the touch screen worked. However, after it died, the touch screen stopped working. I have not been able to get it to work since. It is very weird as that when it did work, it didn't stop working until it died. Any help?

corcorand82

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
Newegg review
2 out of 5 eggs
Died After 1.5 Months
Pros:

A cheap simple android device for playing music, texting and simple games. Nice that it has an SD card slot and is compatible with OTG cables, so storage space is a non-issue.

Cons:

Touch screen stopped functioning after just a month and a half of regular use. I've used the manufacturer's Phoenixsuite tool to factory reset it, flash the firmware and format the device, but nothing helps. To ship and repair it, the company wants almost as money much as it costs to buy a new one, so its not worth bothering with.

At this price, I didn't expect it to last more than a year but this is really disappointing.

camer0

Estimable
Sep 4, 2014

I know that, but I was wondering why. I actually found something interesting. The touch screen only works if, when I turn it on, it is plugged into my laptop. After it is on, I can unplug it and the touch screen will work until it dies. This is very weird, I've never heard of anything like this happening before.

corcorand82

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013

This is truly bizarre! I do not know, but I think that it is an issue with whatever f7c&ed up android kernal they put on the device. Its probably going to cost more to send it in than its actually worth.

In the meantime, look at this :D www.google.com/nexus/7/
Will preform a LOT better than that cheap chinese tablet. Generally any tablet thats less than 150 (for 7 inchers) or 250 (for 10 inchers) will suck. A lot.

camer0

Estimable
Sep 4, 2014

I have a better tablet anyway, I just was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this happening before. Very strange. But thanks anyway!

corcorand82

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013

After digging around a little bit, I have found cases of this in the past. What other tablet do you have?