Tablets can't connect to home network

Jul 27, 2018
I'm not very technologically proficient so please bear with me. My mother's samsung Galaxy nook and my aunt's kindle fire both won't connect to the home Wi-Fi. The laptops, desktop, and phones all connect just fine, and they have the right password. The tablets can see the network just fine, but when you try to connect it'll say connecting for a bit, then give up. They're right next to the router so that isn't the issue.

I've tried restarting, forgetting and re-adding the network, resetting the router, and using the guest Wi-Fi instead. They can connect to other networks like the Barnes and Noble Wi-Fi just fine, it's only at home that it's not working.

Jul 27, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from rururskadoo : "Tablets can't connect to home network"

I'm not very technologically proficient so please bear with me. My mother's samsung Galaxy nook and my aunt's kindle fire both won't connect to the home Wi-Fi. The laptops, desktop, and phones all connect just fine, and they have the right password.

I've tried restarting, forgetting and re-adding the network, resetting the router, and using the guest Wi-Fi instead. They can connect to other networks like the Barnes and Noble Wi-Fi just fine, it's only at home that it's not working.