Take Two: Duke Nukem Series Will Continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Least they'll be able to build it completely themselves without having to work on 13 year old concepts and ideas and take it in the right direction after learning from the mistakes in forever. I won't hold my breath, no one ever learns.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Played it, liked it
Will buy the next one, will make a decision then if I like it or not
Personally I think a prequel Duke may be worthwhile, I would have suggested a shot-by-shot remake of Duke 3D with a modern engine but it's already been done.
Incidentally, (spoiler warning) at the start of DNF you are playing the end of Duke 3D with the boss in the football stadium. How come you aren't fighting the end boss in the 4th chapter "The Birth" from the Plutonium Pack?

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]feeddagoat[/nom]Least they'll be able to build it completely themselves without having to work on 13 year old concepts and ideas and take it in the right direction after learning from the mistakes in forever. I won't hold my breath, no one ever learns.[/citation]

DNF is not outdated it is simply poor. I'd like to have the "outdated" carry tons of guns and search ffor healthpacks in Duke, although I prefer the regenerating health and the ability to carry only limited amount of weapons on other modern games, which adds to the realism experience.
From a Duke game I do not expect realism I expect fun-n-guns... Well, DNF does not deliver this. It's lame boring and feels more like outdated Halo game from the early 2000s rather than outdated Duke game from the 90ies.

Rab1d-BDGR

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
Duke Nukem Forever arrived last week, receiving lukewarm reviews from both critics and fans.

From the reviews I read, the criticism of the game is largely "Waaaaaaaaaaaah, it isn't like Call of Duty" - I haven't played it yet, but this in itself sounds like a ringing endorsement!

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]DNF is not outdated it is simply poor. I'd like to have the "outdated" carry tons of guns and search ffor healthpacks in Duke, although I prefer the regenerating health and the ability to carry only limited amount of weapons on other modern games, which adds to the realism experience.From a Duke game I do not expect realism I expect fun-n-guns... Well, DNF does not deliver this. It's lame boring and feels more like outdated Halo game from the early 2000s rather than outdated Duke game from the 90ies.[/citation]

I found it quite enjoyable, entertaining, funny and exactly what I was looking for. I played it all the way through, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I didn't have high expectations for it mind you.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
At least they are not giving up.

DNF is riddled with bad design decisions and bad execution, but it was still fun.
Much better than all the Call of Duty clones with fake realisim, no sense of humour and horribly bad stories.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Ugly game, but i had fun. This was like the shortest game ever, even Super Mario was longer.
Anyway, even Duke said it in the game while walking through a dead body "that guy won't be in the sequel" so....

hannibal

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
Well the last one was "Duke Nukem forever"... What is the of the next episode... "Duke Nukem last even longer" :)

It good to seems games that dont take even themselves too seriously. Good luck to next Duke Nukem!

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Stick with the formula and just don't dearest comrade it up (no gay robots or any emo crap please!) Just like I never want a beer commercial to "move me".

More girls with big hoohahs, toilet humor, big guns, beer drinkin, smokin, strippers, etc. They can also modernize the graphics too - high def hoohahs even 3D 8).

theonlydz

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
The Reviewers are wrong, DNF was a lot of fun... the single player is great.. they kept it entertaining the whole time... The multiplayer seems buggy, all the servers are laggy.

theonlydz

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
And for what it's worth, I didn't finish black ops because it got boring, I don't want another modern warfare 2 with better graphics or slightly different graphics... And i despise the stupid progression system where you get 'perk rewards' ... those are just gaming gimmicks to make you want to play longer and longer... they don't actually add quality to the game... and they make the FPS multiplay unbalanced.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]DNF is not outdated it is simply poor. I'd like to have the "outdated" carry tons of guns and search ffor healthpacks in Duke, although I prefer the regenerating health and the ability to carry only limited amount of weapons on other modern games, which adds to the realism experience.From a Duke game I do not expect realism I expect fun-n-guns... Well, DNF does not deliver this. It's lame boring and feels more like outdated Halo game from the early 2000s rather than outdated Duke game from the 90ies.[/citation]
...Your health regenerates like that, too? I want your DNA...

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Unless the game is buggy or downright unplayable, you can take the reviews with a grain of salt. As with any entertainment media, the reviewers might hate it, but it can still be a big commercial success with a lot of happy customers. Take the 1994 movie "Dumb & Dumber" for instance. An all-time favorite comedy for many people, but it received of lukewarm reviews back when it was released.

Status
Not open for further replies.