Take Two Issuing Hot Coffee Settlements

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
the "victims" need to loosen up a bit. They did not actually lose anything, and the game was already rated M. Do you realize that the vast majority of people that are of legal age to buy/play M games have actually seen much, much more online already than a poorly done mod on a videogame?
And yes, being part of a class-action suit always mean you don't get to file your own. You have to opt-out of that if you want to pursue your own lawsuit. They are applying the same rule here, no surprise.

dan-fish

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
[citation][nom]shadow187[/nom]I love that last sentence, "Monies." Honestly, that needs to be a word.[/citation]

it is a word! its the plural for money

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]Dan-fish[/nom]is "check" supposed to be cheque?[/citation]

Unfortunately he meant cheque. Dont ask.. I'll avoid it too.

On "cheque" actual topic: Take-Two is cheap as f**k :) Didn't see that one coming.

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]shadow187[/nom]I love that last sentence, "Monies." Honestly, that needs to be a word.[/citation]

mon·ey
   /ˈmʌni/ Show Spelled [muhn-ee] Show IPA noun,pluralmon·eys, mon·ies, adjective

Monies is the plural of money.

Lol.

wonspur

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I really didn't understand the outcome of the lawsuit. My understanding of the "hot coffee" was that it was a mod to view modded content... fallout 3 has nude mods i havent seen a lawsuit filed against them. Unless being mislead.... i just dont see why take 2 has to pay anything.

deanjo

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
[citation][nom]edilee[/nom]And "check" is spelled "check" here in the US so obviously this article was written in american ingrisch.[/citation]

There, fixed that for you. :p

endoftheline2

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
[citation][nom]wonspur[/nom]I really didn't understand the outcome of the lawsuit. My understanding of the "hot coffee" was that it was a mod to view modded content... fallout 3 has nude mods i havent seen a lawsuit filed against them. Unless being mislead.... i just dont see why take 2 has to pay anything.[/citation]

in this GTA The hot coffee sex content was actually included in the game, but you had to use a mod or hack the game essentially in order to view it. But some GTA programmer originally put it in the game so these people are saying they are at fault for hiding it in there.

G

You have to go out of your way to access the sex game in GTA so I don't see how anyone, after making such a deliberate effort, could label themselves as a 'victim'.

Isn't there a law against trying to scam money from people through lying? If so, it'd be good if each of the people receiving this cheque also received a fine hehe

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I actually was thinking this was written by someone else, then the gas comment, and instantly Kevin came to mind, and I look, and it was true.

Your articles are improving Mr Parish, good job!

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
One of the most BS lawsuits ever. "I'm going to sue because I purposely went out of my way to crack a game to unlock inaccessible content, and my virgin mind was traumatized."

Seriously, the only way anyone could ever unlock "Hot Coffee" was if they went out of their way to hack the game. It's not something you can accidentally stumble upon. And even then, it's people having sex in a game about MURDERING PEOPLE! So killing hookers is okay as long as you don't see them having sex. I remember in the 80s, when PG movies had naked breasts. Now, you see a millisecond of a nipple, and the world is in an uproar, when really it's the vocal minority.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
"Take Two warns that consumers who actually cash these little checks will no longer be able to make any additional claims in regards to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas First Edition."

Which means I can still sue and get a $5 check of my own, even though I missed out on the first law suit? Nice.

wonspur

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]endoftheline2[/nom]in this GTA The hot coffee sex content was actually included in the game, but you had to use a mod or hack the game essentially in order to view it. But some GTA programmer originally put it in the game so these people are saying they are at fault for hiding it in there.[/citation]

Thanks for clearing that up, i thought it was something like that but wasnt sure. Maxor127 makes a good point though... murdering in a game is fine even for teen rated games but sex is just considered the worst thing in games even though the world depends on it for life. lol... its a weird twisted world out there.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
My oldest brother showed me a Playboy when I was 8 years old, does that mean I can sue the living balls off of him?
Screw your American English, Cheque > Check. Two or more definitions for a word can be confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.