Taser Makes Tool to Help Parents Control Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
"..release vital records to the authorities in emergency situations."

What exactly qualifies has vital records and can these "records" be released without the permission of the parents? Also while parents could find this useful they may want to consider the posiablilty that it could be used in reverse.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Is this privacy invasion or just responsible parenting?

From a legal standpoint, it's definitely not an invasion of privacy. If your child is a minor, you have legal rights over them and everything they do.

Course, parents need to raise their children better so this kind of software isn't needed in the first place.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
How stupid can stupid get? If you don't trust your kids than you shouldn't buy them a cell phone or let them drive your car anyway. The next thing they will invest is a device that measures sex activity. Can you amagine your teen haveing sex with his girl and all of a sudden his unit went limp and he turns to her and say's oh i'm sorry my Mother just canseled this Gig.

jeverson

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2007
Is this privacy invasion or just responsible parenting?

What a cute statement. That is to assume that children are entitled to privacy. Also, considering that more and more parents are calling the police to come taser their kids I don't see why they can't just do it themselves. But really, have parents become so whipped by their children that they need these tools? I know it seems kinda old fashioned but what ever happened to rules, boundaries, and limitations? They worked for me (mostly ;)) and they worked for you so why would you change a formula that works? I'm not saying that parents don't need to adapt to the times but mostly they need to be parents and quit trying to find new ways to remove responsability from themselves (ie: video games, movies, music, music videos made my kids do it).

ukcal

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Oh dear. At the rate we're going it wouldn't surprise me if a bubble wrap suit was invented, triple layer at that, to protect us from whatever life throws at us.
Who in their right mind would even consider using this?!

jeverson

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2007
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]How stupid can stupid get? If you don't trust your kids than you shouldn't buy them a cell phone or let them drive your car anyway. The next thing they will invest is a device that measures sex activity. Can you amagine your teen haveing sex with his girl and all of a sudden his unit went limp and he turns to her and say's oh i'm sorry my Mother just canseled this Gig.[/citation]

Ah... good old virgin alarm... it goes off before you do ;)

[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Depends if it's my daughter or not, the kid would probably prefer that to me cutting his pecker off and making him eat it.[/citation]

If you thin you can stop it from happening you are wrong. There is trust and then there is reality. You can trust them to have safe sex but you can't stop them from having sex (aside from locking them in the basement). And the whole I'd cut ... off or kick the xyz out of him still doesn't change the fact that she is having sex. Sorry man, but that's the way it is.

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
These tools could be used in both positive and negative ways. Back in the day, such as when I was raised, parents just didn't know their kids were getting into trouble. These tools allow a parent to monitor their kids, especially if they suspect something is not right.

At the same time, parents do need to allow their kids to make their own decisions and grow up. If used properly, they could give them responsibility and have a way to make sure it's not abused. If used improperly, then the kid will feel controled and rebel.

justsomeone

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
[citation][nom]JEVERSON[/nom]What a cute statement. That is to assume that children are entitled to privacy. Also, considering that more and more parents are calling the police to come taser their kids I don't see why they can't just do it themselves. But really, have parents become so whipped by their children that they need these tools? I know it seems kinda old fashioned but what ever happened to rules, boundaries, and limitations? They worked for me (mostly ) and they worked for you so why would you change a formula that works? I'm not saying that parents don't need to adapt to the times but mostly they need to be parents and quit trying to find new ways to remove responsability from themselves (ie: video games, movies, music, music videos made my kids do it).[/citation]

You know, I got away with waaaaaay too much when I was growing up. I had somewhat of a unique situation where my Aunt raised me and she thought I didn't really get into much trouble. I sort of wish someone could have kept up with me better to help prevent some of the dumb decisions I made. I shouldn't have been trusted really. Trust but verify is my motto.

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Speaking of the ability to monitor calls, emails and photos. I remember covering my brothers computer from spyware, viruses and their kids (I sware this thing had over 200 viruses and 6 differnet instant messengers on it).

While clearing out the email, we got a suprise from his daughter, a sort of, "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" set of emails.

Of course some of this is all part of growing up, but I'm sure there is a line somewhere.

Computer_Lots

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
I think it would be awesome if you could remotely activate an actual taser inside your kids phone...

Parent : Hey I said get your butt home right now.
Kid: Screw you, I'm staying out as long as I want.
Parent : Oh yeah... BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. How bout now.
Kid: Don't tase me bro :)

Of course, this would only work once since your kid would find a way to defeat it, like wear rubber gloves or something.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Soon you'll hear news about a son kills parent because the parent buzzed him with this. Then TH going to report it as "son kills dad buzzed him from playing xbox" by Kev (along with typos).

ewood

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]From a legal standpoint, it's definitely not an invasion of privacy. If your child is a minor, you have legal rights over them and everything they do.Course, parents need to raise their children better so this kind of software isn't needed in the first place.[/citation]
I could not have said it better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.