gmadd

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
Iam having windows server 2008 r2..

in taskmanager, more than 50 taskeng.exe process are running

Server getting slow

Help in this issue

Is there any chance to stop taskeng.exe (Task scheduler).. If i stopped, Any problem in that???

fkr

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
well i think you have some maleware or virus so use malewarebytes first then some antivirus and see if that helps

also

a. Click Start button
b. Type: Task scheduler
c. Press enter and look for taskeng.exe

Please follow the instructions:

1. Go to the Start menu.
2. Type task scheduler and press enter.
3. Press continue on the UAC popup.
4. In the left pane of task scheduler, underneath Task Scheduler Local, right-click on Task Scheduler Library.
5. In the View submenu, make sure the Show Hidden Tasks option is checked.
6. Widen the Name column in the center pane. The hidden task that is likely at fault has a name that starts with User_Feed_Synchronization, followed by a dash and a bunch of digits inside a curly brace.
7. Select that task in the middle pane by clicking on its name.
8. To verify that this scheduled task is creating all those taskeng.exe processes, select the History tab in the middle pane near the middle of the screen. If you expand out the Level and Date and Time Columns, you should see a bunch of errors and date and times that are 5 minutes apart. If that's the case, then this task is the problem.
9. On the rightmost pane, select Disable.
10. There may be more than one scheduled task like this, so you'd need to disable any or all that were causing problems.

gmadd

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015

Thankyou for ur reply..

If i disable Taskscheduler, It will cause any problems???

fkr

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
you need to follow the instructions and disable whichever ones are causing persistent issues. but before doing any of this you need to run some anti malware and virus software. these errors or issues could easily be caused by infections