Solved! TCL 55S412 and Netflix Error tvq-pm-100 (5.2.12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2019
Netflix was working for for a few weeks, now 5 seconds after starting a show I get this error msg: We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title. tvq-pm-100 (5.2.12)

I have tried resetting Netflix, the TV, and the Network. No good. I followed the advice of Netflix. No good. I email TCL. No good.

Somebody Help Me! Please!

Solution
It would not surprised me that particular movie, at that precise spot is somehow corrupted and Netflix needs to run a repair/restore or something, move it to another HD blah-blah. Just like what can happen if you have archived movies on your own HD. Tech support at most companies, am afraid to disclose to you, being one myself in another life, are mostly "phone answerers" and all they can do is follow a "procedure sheet" given by their supervisors and have you walk through it. The engineers who knows what's exactly going on and have direct access to resolve things don't answer your calls, they let you suffer through the bureaucracy.

Am sorry if you are binge watching or something and are stopped cold on this particular episode, but...
It would not surprised me that particular movie, at that precise spot is somehow corrupted and Netflix needs to run a repair/restore or something, move it to another HD blah-blah. Just like what can happen if you have archived movies on your own HD. Tech support at most companies, am afraid to disclose to you, being one myself in another life, are mostly "phone answerers" and all they can do is follow a "procedure sheet" given by their supervisors and have you walk through it. The engineers who knows what's exactly going on and have direct access to resolve things don't answer your calls, they let you suffer through the bureaucracy.

Am sorry if you are binge watching or something and are stopped cold on this particular episode, but am confident Netflix's internal "repair" mechanism will take care of it in a couple of days, just find something else to watch in the meantime.

If this happens to all tittles, I suggest follow TCL manual and reset TV to factory, and DO NOT perform firmware update, suspecting latest update broke things.

Another thing to do with streaming services is, attempt to reset App to "virgin." I don't remember if TCL/Roku has something like this, but on my Sony is says something like reset App information or something, that has the effect or making the App "forget" your account info (suspect corrupted) and starts the App anew and asks you for account info as if u just opening the App for the first time.

Solution
Jan 19, 2019

Yup. All titles. And yup, already tried your suggestions. Reset Netflix account, reset TV to factory. Still no luck.

Apparently you have not tried to access with other device ipad/laptop/phone, that way u kinda narrow down whether problem with Netflix or your TV. Accessing through cellular network also tells u whether ur broadband maybe/not at fault.

Holly Toledo, Netflix actually has an help page for this specific error, I assume u did ur diligence?

Jan 19, 2019

Yup. Works fine on my desktop, cell and tablet. The Help Page on Neflix says the same thing for all similar issues: Reset Netflix, Reset your TV. If that doesn't work, then its a problem with your TV. Contacted TCl, but haven't got any help from them yet. Hoping to find someone with the same model 55S412 that might have figured this out already.

Reactions: Anoopc7181
Apr 5, 2019

Yup. Works fine on my desktop, cell and tablet. The Help Page on Neflix says the same thing for all similar issues: Reset Netflix, Reset your TV. If that doesn't work, then its a problem with your TV. Contacted TCl, but haven't got any help from them yet. Hoping to find someone with the same model 55S412 that might have figured this out already.
I am also facing the exact issue and troed the exact steps on my 55R500 model
Did you finally find any solution.

Reactions: dawidhyzy
Status
Not open for further replies.