TCL 6 Series 65-inch Roku TV (65R617) Review: A Fantastic 4K Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Understandout

Estimable
Jun 10, 2015
I really despise this TV set. After a lot of research, I came to the conclusion that this is the one to buy, but then I found out that it does not exist in Europe. Now all other options seem utterly inadequate.

May 10, 2018
Seriously? Out of all cons you list no private listening for the remote ... now that’s nit picking and ridiculous. A lot of expensive units don’t even have that and you don’t even list that as a con. I should see that in every single review if that’s the case. Ridiculous.

Understandout

Estimable
Jun 10, 2015

He mentioned that the previous model had it. It's an understandable gripe. Of course it probably shows that there were so few cons that he felt like mentioning this minor thing. I have a feeling it only detracted about 0.5% from the total score. I don't think there is a rule for how many points each pro and con has to be worth. It just has to be something positive or negative and that's it.

May 14, 2018
How does it play 24fps content? I've yet to read a review addressing it. I've read that it should support it via 48Hz mode, but I haven't read a review yet where anyone has tested it.

Apr 2, 2018
Sorry, but with the banding issues this series has, I'll pass until it is resolved. I have tried 2 and BOTH have had the vertical banding. TCL says that the banding is normal, as well as the electronic smell. Really? Never had this issue with ANY other TV I have ever purchased.

johngooch

Prominent
Oct 16, 2017
3 HDMI ports kills the deal for me, I have several gaming consoles, a gaming pc, and an Apple TV hooked up to my current television, and I have more things to hook up but no ports. Some needs to invent a 10 port HDMI hub so that I can connect everything I want to the TV :)

Jun 4, 2018
The description lists this TV as being the 'best under $1,000' but the link to Amazon says $1,099.99 so I click on it and come to find out that this is the price for a 'used' set. For a brand new one the list price is $1,199. What in theeeeeeeeee HELL is up with this, that and the other?

rgd1101

Polypheme

Because price do change.

May 12, 2018
I bought this tv about a week ago at Best Buy for $999 and then the taxes. I haven't experienced the banding some talk about, but from what I've read this is a gaming issue. I thought I had been rooked with the dirty screen until I adjusted some settings and now everything is peachy keen. Great picture. Tried a blu ray on a Sony 4k player and the difference was easy to see and actually amazing. I don't have a degree but since retiring, televisions and accessories have been my hobby, so I know a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Audio 1
B Audio 0
J Audio 2
J Audio 1
C Audio 1
I Audio 2
B Audio 0
A Audio 4
B Audio 5