Technical help with a smart tv

Feb 12, 2018
I have a new smart TV. It doesn't have an audio in. It has a USB, wifi and a digital audio input. Is there any way that an hearing impaired person could connect a pair of wireless headphones?

Feb 12, 2018

Thank you for your help. I have a 43 inch Samsung TV from Walmart. I bought a Bluetooth headphone with a Bluetooth device to put in the TV headphone output. But when I got home I found that my TV didn't have an headphone output. I'm definitely going to try your suggestion. This is a great site. I'm not very technical so I hope I wrote this reply in the right place.

What model of TV exactly? Size and where you bought it from will not give any information about it. It would be like asking a mechanic about a car issue and telling them you have a 4 door car you got in Arizona. You may not have a headphone out, but you may have some other output on it like an optical out.

What TV do you have specifically?

What headphones specifically? Or at least, what interface do they use? Ie Bluetooth.

If bluetooth, and the TV doesn't support it natively, you *may* be able to install a basic bluetooth dongle in the USB port - although some USB ports are reserved for firmware updates only.