Teenage Killer Caught Through Xbox 360 Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Hahahaahahahahaahahaha I actually laughed out loud when I read how this had anything to do with the Guitar Hero game.

He was stung by his uncle and the microphone was NEAR his game!?

Up next: Woman seriously burnt after son plays Call of Duty.

A lady in Madisville fell and was seriously scalded by boiling water after she tripped over her son's Black Ops case whilst carrying a kettle to make a cup of coffee.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
Yea how exactly did the game or the 360 have anything to do with this story other than being in somewhat close proximity to the microphone planted by the police?

I don't think whoever posted this article even read what happened, just another copy and paste job.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
This article should be pulled, seriously.

Might as well post news like:

Man gets laid with use of a cellphone. Meet her at a club, she called later than night and they both did the nasty. Thanks to texting and GPS built into his phone!
(WOW)

JamesSneed

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
So the nearest object to the mic determines the the title? So if the mic was near a toilet the tittle would read "Teenage Killer Caught Through Toilet"? Just odd.

zkevwlu

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
lol, the uncle sold out his teenage nephew to drop a DUI...

Oh well this is Canada and he's underage. A year in Juvie and it'll be like it never happened. Poor girl's family will never get the justice she deserves.

G

[citation][nom]zkevwlu[/nom]lol, the uncle sold out his teenage nephew to drop a DUI...Oh well this is Canada and he's underage. A year in Juvie and it'll be like it never happened. Poor girl's family will never get the justice she deserves.[/citation]

Selling him out isn't the word. He cooperated with authorities to put a killer in jail and was awarded for his efforts.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
The way this article is linking Guitar Hero with aiding in the confession is less news worthy then the means at which the girl was shot - perhaps they should report on how the gun was acquired. A stolen gun from a stolen car is more newsworthy than the microphone being placed in proximity of a console (criminal negligence on behalf of the gun owner is more news worthy). Seriously, really poor investigative reporting here. Shame on Toms for even remotely associating this with Tech News or any type.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
during the alleged crime,

Odd way to put it. To say that he allegedly did it would make much more sense as this is suggesting the crime itself may have not been committed. Even if he is innocent the crime itself is with a doubt known to have happened.

Jolly and the teenager were in two separate groups that confronted each other in an alley. During the confrontation, she was shot by a stolen rifle that came from a stolen car.

I suppose we can blame the movie Anchorman for this. Ah, who's kidding all violence by minors is clearly linked to video games as violence. Whats that you say? Kids and violence have existed before video games? Give me one example I bet you can't. Mary Bell? Errr umm.. well you see... -plugs ears and refuses to listen anymore while popular quoting anti-gamers-

Ah, nothings better than applying creationist logic and tactics to all of life.

The court recruited the teenager's uncle aid in the investigation in exchange for the dropping of a drunk driving charge.

Someones not getting a invitation to the next family reunion.

With his uncle's intervention, the teen gave his account of the shooting, which recorded via a hidden microphone that was set up alongside his Guitar Hero game

Excuse me as I go confess all my wrong doings to a person with a alcohol problem
because everyone knows alcoholics are just the best to trust with your secrets.

The defence said that it would admit to the murder but will push for intent as a major factor in the case.

And they plan to do this how? He took a weapon out, he pointed it and shot it after a confrontation started. Not just any weapon but a rifle at that. If he did not have intent to kill he would have either fired into the air or at-least aimed very low.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
This must be the most asinine and misleading headline of the century. Come on folks really?? I am starting to question why I visit this website.

mofogo

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
What the article fails to mention is that his uncle had offered to sing along to "Don't Stop Believing" and when he was failing b/c he is was liquored up the teen yelled, "You better not fail or I'll take you out like I did that girl" at which point the uncle showed him that the mic was not plugged into the game, but into a recording device. *sunglasses* YYEEAAHHHH!

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
In order for something as trivial and meaningless (in terms of relation to computers and games) to get in toms news, you know there must have been pressure from toms execs to get x number of stories in every day. I can see the big boss now speaking to the writers..... "I don't care how irrelevent the story is, I want 5 headlines a day from each and every one of you".

There truly is no other reason why this has occured.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
if the news was titled "Teenager admits crime while playing Guitar Hero on Xbox 360", it might send the wrong message "spending time in prison is a welcome relief from such a boring game".

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]gsxr1181[/nom]Wow, what a way to spin a story!Is this Toms or Fox News?[/citation]

And it is punctuated with some great grammar: "Police then was able to arrest and charge the youth with second-degree murder."

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
[citation][nom]bogcotton[/nom]Hahahaahahahahaahahaha I actually laughed out loud when I read how this had anything to do with the Guitar Hero game.He was stung by his uncle and the microphone was NEAR his game!?Up next: Woman seriously burnt after son plays Call of Duty.A lady in Madisville fell and was seriously scalded by boiling water after she tripped over her son's Black Ops case whilst carrying a kettle to make a cup of coffee.[/citation]
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.