Teens Vote Steve Jobs Most Admired Entrepreneur

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
LOL. All they did was look at their iPod and ask, "Who made this?"

"Why Steve Jobs made this, Darren," the teacher replied.

Darren, a 14 year old student, responded enthusiastically, "Oh wow, Steve Jobs is my favorite. Can he have a Nobel Peace Prize?"

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]jomofro39[/nom]This is all bologna. What teenager WOULDN'T have voted for Hugh Hefner, given the option?[/citation]
What teenager would know who that is?

But seriously, this was a terrible list to begin with. I hate to say it, but given this list, I probably would have voted for Jobs as well.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]mde215[/nom]With age comes wisdom, 12-17 year olds still believe hype and marketing. Enuff said![/citation]
You're absolutely right. Look who they voted for: Steve Jobs, Oprah, and Tony Hawk?! This is nothing more than a celebrity popularity list.

Mulder19

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Guys, I think you should give these kids a break. They already have enough angst to write terrible poetry and create moody Myspace profile pics. How much more can we expect them to take?

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Who did you admire when you were growing up? Let us know in the comments below!

To be honest, Inspector Gadget... and a part of me still does :)

But he isn't an entrepreneur. In fact, back then I admired no entrepreneur at all. I cared as much for entrepreneurs as I cared for the stocks market.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Sad, just sad. When I was growing up Bill Gates was looked up to. A lot of my classmates insisted that I would be the next Bill Gates as I was so into computers (I'm far too lazy and not a super geek, just a moderate geek).

Course it figures they only list people that seem "cool" instead of the real impact the person has had in the world. Steve Jobs is there because of the iPod and the iPhone, not because he is working on stopping world hunger and disease.

darknova_

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
im a teenager and i'd say mark cause he is young and smart, and from that list stevejobs cause he also a very succesfull entrepreneur, remember how he saved apples in 1997

beehew

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
Given their love for tight pants and the Jonas Brothers, I think the teenager population's opinion of anything is irrelevant.

ant1-b0dy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
If the list was on a Mac here is what it would look like:

Entrepreneur List:
1. George W. Bush
2. Steve Jobs
3. Steve Jobs
4. Steve Jobs

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Well this goes to show you how stupid American youth are, and that they are gullible to marketing and Celebrity-ism. Way to go America your education system fails again! But then again kids are too stupid to read about people who are making a real difference in the way of green technology.

Steve Jobs... Oprah... Well I guess it fits with world being retarded. I mean a person who hasn't accomplished anything in regards to world peace gets the Nobel Peace prize... But then again I wouldn't take that blood award/money anyways the frigging guy invented dynamite that has killed millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.