Tegra 2 Moto Olympus Coming December/January

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

How anyone can get excited about getting a phone on AT&Ts network is beyond me.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]How anyone can get excited about getting a phone on AT&Ts network is beyond me.[/citation]

There hasn't been any kind of significant Android device on AT&T so this is exciting for anyone stuck with the network and desperate for an exciting phone.

G

I am excited, ATT serves my particular area better than Verizon and exactly as Jane pointed out, my options with regard to Android are limited for the time being.

aj6065

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
I'm stuck on a family plan and I'm eligible for an upgrade at the end of January. Knowing that this phone will be available the day I'm eligible is amazing! Ive been looking forward to this phone for a while

G

I really want to warn people: don't buy Android phones made by Motorola. You will be trapped against a locked device which will not accept any kernel other than what Motorola provides, and Motorola is "happy" to lock several of its Android Phones in 1.5 Android revisions (even though they promissed to update those to 2.1, they decided to not update it), there was the #motofail issue where Motorola would not update Milestone's around the world to Froyo, just European ones (which they decided to change later due to the enormous image hurt they had with that decision), and most recently, they decided to not update XT720 to Froyo, being that they had clearly advertised that the device would receive a Froyo upgrade soon (it was launched as an Eclair device):

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/41025?tstart=0

Do yourself a favor and stay away of Motorola phones. Do everybody you know a favor, and warn them about this so they don't get trapped by this rather idiotic support approach by Motorola. I wish I knew about it when I decided to buy a Motorola phone, it would change my oppinion for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.