News Tesla hatchback: $25K price, release , possible range and more

Jul 9, 2021
There are NO federal subsidies. Yet another indicator that Tom isn't up to speed on Tesla and BEV overall.

Haha not only that but did you read this:
"six times more powerful, in fact, with five times more energy in the same space. According to Tesla, this means you get 16% more range out of every kWh of power"

Physics should be mandatory in fanboy school. They are so confused, they make an otherwise decent company look bad with such followers.

Reactions: Mr. McCoy
Sep 26, 2020
No one said anything in the Battery Day presentation about the car being a hatchback, so that is pure speculation.

What we did learn was that it will use a shorter range version of the structural battery containing 4680 cells with iron based cathodes (the same cells that eventually will be used in all Tesla stationary storage batteries) and that it will be "fully autonomous". Since "full self-driving capability" is currently a $10,000 option for Models 3 and Y, bringing the price of the least expensive Tesla vehicle sold online in the U.S. to $49,990, the $25,000 price point is almost unbelievable. My guess is that the $25,000 car will be autonomous only, eliminating the expensive systems that would allow it to be driven by a human.

mlhutche

Commendable
Apr 15, 2021
Haha not only that but did you read this:
"six times more powerful, in fact, with five times more energy in the same space. According to Tesla, this means you get 16% more range out of every kWh of power"

Physics should be mandatory in fanboy school. They are so confused, they make an otherwise decent company look bad with such followers.
Agree that was ridiculous. I deal in reality, if you read my posts anywhere. I'm a fan of any company that can make competitive BEV. It's about the proven specs and some subjective decisions.

Jul 9, 2021
No one said anything in the Battery Day presentation about the car being a hatchback, so that is pure speculation.

What we did learn was that it will use a shorter range version of the structural battery containing 4680 cells with iron based cathodes (the same cells that eventually will be used in all Tesla stationary storage batteries) and that it will be "fully autonomous". Since "full self-driving capability" is currently a $10,000 option for Models 3 and Y, bringing the price of the least expensive Tesla vehicle sold online in the U.S. to $49,990, the $25,000 price point is almost unbelievable. My guess is that the $25,000 car will be autonomous only, eliminating the expensive systems that would allow it to be driven by a human.

The "only" problem with that line of reasoning is that the systems that allow the car to be driven by a human... aren't really expensive - they are in fact much cheaper than the replacements. So this can't be it.

Jul 10, 2021
"Let’s just hope the charging speed can still reach the 250kW maximum affordesafforded to other Tesla cars.
afforded to other Tesla cars.
afforded to other Tesla cars. afforded to other Tesla cars." ??

mlhutche

Commendable
Apr 15, 2021
Whenever I see kW and kWh conflated I frown in disappointment.
Sometimes my phone will autocorrect kW to kWh, but I know to check for that.
Get a life. I'm superb at correcting copy, but I also understand what's important. I'm certain your were incredibly proud to use the word "conflated". I used to be proud when my coworkers and subordinates said I "talked like a dictonary", but then realized I was partially doing it to separate myself. Join the world.