Tethering Android phone won't detect on PC and won't even charge

Rtkgrg

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
When I connect my phone to the pc, it would charge in data transfer mode or charging mode, but when I switch to tethering, it won't charge, and no there us no internet connection too.
Some photos would charge (notification light) for few seconds and then go off. When I switch to tether, it would charge again for few seconds then go off.
I've tried installing driver in place of remote NDIS, but i don't know why it won't install and timeout error would show. I even reinstalled all network drivers, but no luck.

Solution
The phone may be blocked from tethering, or your carrier/service provider may have blocked tethering on the account. Both are very common. This is because using the phone as your computers internet connection uses a serious amount of data.

Have you tried using the phone as a hotspot instead? If the data is blocked there is no way around it. However if tethering is the only issue, a hotspot connection 'might' work. If it is at all possible it would be done this way...

1. Go into "Settings" and in the "Wireless & networks" section tap "More".
2. Now tap "Tethering & portable hotspot".
3. For "Wireless Tethering" tap "Set up WiFi hotspot"
4. On this new screen you will see options for a "Network Name", "Security", "Password" and "Network...
The phone may be blocked from tethering, or your carrier/service provider may have blocked tethering on the account. Both are very common. This is because using the phone as your computers internet connection uses a serious amount of data.

Have you tried using the phone as a hotspot instead? If the data is blocked there is no way around it. However if tethering is the only issue, a hotspot connection 'might' work. If it is at all possible it would be done this way...

1. Go into "Settings" and in the "Wireless & networks" section tap "More".
2. Now tap "Tethering & portable hotspot".
3. For "Wireless Tethering" tap "Set up WiFi hotspot"
4. On this new screen you will see options for a "Network Name", "Security", "Password" and "Network Band". You can change them or keep them as is. It is really up to you.
5. Now you would just need to search for the hotspot by name using the second device.

NOTE: While a WiFi hotspot feature is built into Android, some service providers/carriers, especially in the United States, hide it. You would then need to see if you can locate an app that you can install to help with this.

If that won't work either, I would say you are back to it being the carrier/service provider. You would have to ask them about it then.

Solution
Nov 13, 2018
This seems to be my problem and to me this is industrial blackmail as version 4 won't work for my banking which worked perfect when tethered to my PC.
My up grade to version 8 appears to have some sort of block ( May be I am a mug but bloody sick of this sort of frustrating bullshit.ks