Question Tethering/hotspot stopped working after phone died while acting as hotspot. Help Needed.

Jan 17, 2021
I have been using my phones hotspot data to play games on my pc. It has worked fine for quite a while now. (more then 6 months)

Suddenly it doesn't work when I play games online. Everything else works fine. I can still go on the internet, watch youtube, even log into my game.

Specifically, the game is League of Legends. But when I start the game up, and try to join a match, the internet doesn't allow me to connect to the game. I've tried: turning off all forms of firewall; resetting my hotspot, including new hotspot name, new password, erasing all info of it from my pc and reloading it, as well as restarting the hotspot from scratch on my phone.

This all started after while using my phone as a hotspot, I wasn't paying attention to the battery, and the phone died. Ever since, I have been unable to use the hotspot to play the game. As well, I've tried wireless hotspot, and wired tethering, both to no avail.

I've even gone into the properties of the Wireless network connection, and set the DNS server address to my satellite internets, and even tried the one for google. No success.

The game loads when using my satellite internet, but it is unplayable as it has a ping of 900 ms. I've run out of ideas as how to fix this issue, any new options would be greatly appreciated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Android Smartphones 1
C Android Smartphones 2
Aldrich Malaga Android Smartphones 5
AdamMozart Android Smartphones 3
T Android Smartphones 2
G Android Smartphones 1
P Android Smartphones 2
R Android Smartphones 9
V Android Smartphones 1
J Android Smartphones 1
L Android Smartphones 1