The $15,000 Toilets at Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
"about $15,000 for between four and six of the trailers."

so it's between $2500 to $3750 each....

not bad when you look at it that way.....

el33t

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
Had they spent those money in Africa to combat hunger rather than to buy toilet seats, it would have been much fruitful....

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Why does it seem like the world is coming to the end? Because, everybody is spending ridiculous amounts of money for crap.

G

if they had spent it on africa they would have fed some people for a few weeks who would have then died.... doesnt seem so fruitfull to me

Stardude82

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
That's about right for a fancy porta potty, those thing's don't run cheap. A basic plastic one for an one day deal will cost you ~$200. 4-6 units seems excessive for only 400 people. One or two trailers and a handicap accessible one should have been sufficient.

Think of all that wasted carbon hauling out the excessive porta-johns. I hope the Clinton's purchased sufficient carbon credits...

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Why does some liberal always have to volunteer how rich people should have spent their own money? Ok, here's one...for the next liberal that makes a comment about how somebody should have given away their money to somebody else....If you had sold your computer and given the money to feed the homeless, starving, or just plain lazy people somewhere, you wouldn't be able to post those ignorant comments in the forum. A win-win in my book.

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Antimatter79[/nom]Why does some liberal always have to volunteer how rich people should have spent their own money? Ok, here's one...for the next liberal that makes a comment about how somebody should have given away their money to somebody else....If you had sold your computer and given the money to feed the homeless, starving, or just plain lazy people somewhere, you wouldn't be able to post those ignorant comments in the forum. A win-win in my book.[/citation]
That's a real short book with pretty pictures and words in big font isn't it?

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Jane has way too much of a fascination with human waste. If she's not talking about peeing on herself, she's talking about toilets. It's not like this is related to high-technology electronics or anything either. Just a weird fascination.

clivene09

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
[citation][nom]Antimatter79[/nom]Why does some liberal always have to volunteer how rich people should have spent their own money? Ok, here's one...for the next liberal that makes a comment about how somebody should have given away their money to somebody else....If you had sold your computer and given the money to feed the homeless, starving, or just plain lazy people somewhere, you wouldn't be able to post those ignorant comments in the forum. A win-win in my book.[/citation]

Wait, isn't a liberal idea fair game when the family in question is indeed liberal?

With that said, its a wedding, and yes it is their money according to reports. Save for the obvious secret service security, the Clintons did foot the bill themselves.

vancouverboy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
It's not 'that' expensive considering what it is (mobile, functionality in style, rent-able better than built and use-for once), and they are rich enough to choose the way they want.

I'd adopt a similar option if i have to host a cathering/party one day.

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
I think it's great! They spend THEIR money on a special event that entertains 400 plus people, and they stimilate the local economy. That puts lots of people to work building, transportating, and maintaining those things. I think "giving" money to anyone for any reason is never going to solve a problem. Some of those that receive charity in my country spend it on tatooes, cigarettes, weed, and booze.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
As a person who believes in honest virtues, how could the Clinton's afford to pay so much for 1 wedding? If you take into account both Clinton's salary from their Government Service Sector jobs, they should be in the poor house after this wedding. They certainly were not using their prominent positions as President, Governor, and Senator to make some illicit money.

Status
Not open for further replies.