The 20 Cell Phones Giving Off the Most Radiation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
My guess would have been the iPhone giving off the most radiation into the brain... It would have explained a lot of things...

thearm

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
[citation][nom]Abrahm[/nom]My guess would have been the iPhone giving off the most radiation into the brain... It would have explained a lot of things...[/citation]

lol

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Abrahm[/nom]My guess would have been the iPhone giving off the most radiation into the brain... It would have explained a lot of things...[/citation]

Yeah. Har har. Because if you own an iPhone that definitely means you are STUPID. Har har.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
The debate over exposure to cell phone radiation has been going on since the day they were first introduced. For most of the day I do not keep my phone on my person. I just leave it on my desk.

sinsear

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
You still probably receive more radiation from being out in the sun for 30 minutes than you do talking on a cell phone for 10 minutes...

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Go Motorola! No wonder my Razr always got such a strong signal.
[citation][nom]polly the parrot[/nom]Shit. I have a Curve.[/citation]You're a dead man (or woman).

knickle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
While there are always exceptions to the rule, more power output should translate into fewer dropped calls. So if you're not buying into the brain cancer theory, the phones listed should be worth considering.

G

Microwave radiaition is non-ionizing. It cannot break the molecular bonds of your DNA, or anything else in your cells for that matter. It cannot cause cancer. Einstein introduced us to the photoelectric effect in 1905. I don't know why we're still debating this over a century later.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I think a lot of this is driven by technophobia. The enigmatic "they" made similar claims about electric lights in the home (disproven), the television and sitting too close (disproven), radar range/microwave ovens (disproven), cordless telephones (disproven), computer CRT monitors (not yet disproven, but few statistically significant cases can be found), and now the ubiquitous cell phone.

Cell phones have been around for over 20 years, and have had an almost exponentially increasing market share for about the past 12 years. If there were any statistically significant rates of brain cancer (or other major adverse health effects) amoung cell phone users, I'm sure some lawyer would have filled a class action suit by now.

beergoggles

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
@JohnnyLucky - Cell phone may be the cigarettes of the 2040's. 'Of course they're safe, even Dr's use them' Do you see all the kids with cell phones perineally plastered against their heads? Us older folks may not live long enough to see an issue. Kids who use their phones more than us and from a younger age really have the concern, IMO. I don't trust the profit driven technology industry to be completely up front on, or even care for that matter, what the long term exposure to radio waves of that level can be.

@sinsear - And that makes you feel better? Aside from vitamin D and rickets, most people are saying less sun exposure is better. 30 minutes of unprotected high noon sun day in and out can be pretty bad. If 10 minutes of cell usage equates to that (I realize they are different radiations, but for the sake of equating them as you did) then I would be really nervous.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I hate all these radiation/cancer investigations. Everything has a link to cancer. Talking on your cell phone, the way u sleep, and the things u eat are some. I like eating. The latest one i heard of was that if a mom is obese during pregnancy, the child has a high risk of getting cancer. WTF. Ill still get a cell phone if i like it, no matter what the cancer guys say. My blackberry curve was awesome and I didnt seem to get dumber after using it for a year. Too bad I forgot to take it out of my pocket at the beach, lol.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
[citation][nom]sinsear[/nom]You still probably receive more radiation from being out in the sun for 30 minutes than you do talking on a cell phone for 10 minutes...[/citation]

That kind of scares me... I live in Florida sunshine capital of the the US and by some strange coincidence... skin cancer capital too.

Also I own the older brother of #9 :( lol

I think it really depends on how much you talk or text on your phone since the only time it puts out that much power is while your using it. So I being the hermit I am probably safe for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.