The AT&T / T-Mobile Senate Hearing Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I wonder where Verizon is in this mess? As a T-Mobile customer i hope this merger doesn't go through because I like being able to make calls in the middle of cities and not have fellow iPhones suck down the rest of the bandwidth (I know that the current ones won't operate at my spectrum but in the future I have no doubt it will).

tank

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
What city do you live in? The Iphone does not "suck" all of the bandwidth. I have no problem with bandwidth when I go to the city. In addition AT&T is continuously putting cell phone towers in to meet the demand of consumers.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]mister g[/nom]I wonder where Verizon is in this mess? As a T-Mobile customer i hope this merger doesn't go through because I like being able to make calls in the middle of cities and not have fellow iPhones suck down the rest of the bandwidth (I know that the current ones won't operate at my spectrum but in the future I have no doubt it will).[/citation]

In an article on this site when this was announced verizon doesn't really care. Verizon already spent billions in buying up spectrum and laying fibop so they could go coast to coast which last i read was their goal to have service EVERYWHERE in the US. I wouldn't care what two company's that can hardly support their customers now are doing unless they decided to actually do something with their network.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
If I recall, AT&T has like 20% more spectrum than Verizon, but Verizon has like 10% more customers. Verizon has stated that they are simply more efficient with their spectrum than AT&T (which is why they ALREADY have an LTE network rolled out to their customers, WITHOUT having the most spectrum). I really wish Verizon would step-in, but they might have some of their own dirty laundry they don't want exposed. Who knows.

soulfringe

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
I as a T-Mobile customer do not want this merger to go through either. In fact, I went to T-Mobile to escape ATT, I will likely go to sprint though with the upcoming Evo 3D release.

Regardless of my bias though, I am also against the merger for the standard monopoly reasons. With a merger I see a lot more of the typical BS we see. For example, T-Mobiles "unlimited" data plans that throttle speeds after 2GB of download.

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
The first thing they'll do is stop innovation. Other competitors have tried to compete like Sprint offering Unlimited everything, but with Verizon going tiered and AT&T merging with T-Mobile, they will have so much of the market, it won't mater what the little guy offers. I'm very much pro-Capitalism, but I'm also pro-Competition.

It's sad to see how bloodthirsty these corporations are as they put shareholders over customers. Prices are only going to go up. More for less as everyone is saying. Look at Sirius-XM...they're already wanting to raise prices.

h3ad20n3

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
[citation][nom]tank[/nom]What city do you live in? The Iphone does not "suck" all of the bandwidth. I have no problem with bandwidth when I go to the city. In addition AT&T is continuously putting cell phone towers in to meet the demand of consumers.[/citation]

do u know how networks work? read a book.

G

you do realize pro-capitalism=pro-competition. It's a defining feature a properly functioning market.

dread_cthulhu

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Every T-Mobile customer I've talked to is heartily against this merger... I hope the company listens to its customers and bows out of this...

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
verizon likes this merger because they are one of the most expensive cellphone service providers

the main thing keeping at&t and verizon from skyrocketing their prices, is the availability of tmobile.

With out t-mobile, there will only be at&t and verizon, they will soon come to a near price match and will also increase prices much more frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS