The battle of the ultrabooks

melampo_

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Hi! I'm a photographer who needs a portable ultrabook that packs enough power to be able to use Lightroom remote capture function and handle heavy - 50ish mb each - RAW files in the meantime.

It has to be lightweight since I'll be carrying it around all day. 14 inches should be the ideal size.
It has to be pretty powerfull, but not that powerfull considering that I'll be using my main rig for the editing part. I'm thinking Intel-i7-ulv-grade power.
It has to be solid and built to last since it will live mostly in my bag.
It has to be able to handle basic gaming, namely old titles such as L4D2 or Borderlands 2, since I occasionaly play with a bunch of friends.
It has to be quiet if not silent during normal operations. I mainly work in silent enviroment such as libraries and book shops. A constantly spinning noisy fan would be very annoying.
It has to cost at most 1400€

I've been considering those options:
- Lenovo ThinkPad T440s
1920 x1080 I7 4600U IPS Multitouch 8GB 256GB SSD Win 8 Pro
I am deeply in love with Thinkpads design: it is timeless and beautiful. This one is also powerfull, but it lacks a dedicated graphic adapter.
- Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon
QHD 2560 x 1440, i7 4600U 2 GHz 8GB 240 GB SSD Windows 7 Pro

Same as before: decent specs but weak GPU.
- HP - ZBook 14
14" FullHD Intel Core i7-4600U Ram 4GB Hard Disk 750GB AMD FirePro M4100 1GB Card Reader 4xUSB 3.0 Windows 8.1 Pro
This one seems durable, looks good and has a dedicated GPU, but it's pricesy and only has 4GB of RAM.

What do you guys think? Am I missing something? Are there other lightweight-14 inch-fast-silent uultrabooks worth considering?