The Real Beandip

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
I am looking for the best pair of 7.1 surround sound headphones that is under $250

The primary use will be for gaming and I would prefer to have a high quality microphone. (or at least equal to the razer megalodon after tweaking the settings to kill static). I tend to play for long periods of time so comfort is also of importance to me. I do not care if the headphones are just simulated surround or real 7.1 surround.

So far I have 2 choices that I am heavily considering:

Razer Tiamat 7.1
Plantronics Gamecom Commander

If there is a better option in my pricerange then I am open to suggestions.

My soundcard is an Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus

Solution
I've used many and personally I'm on my second pair of Astro A40's, mic is crystal clear, they are comfortable and sound as good as any headset I've used.

TG_thoMz

Estimable
Feb 15, 2014
I've used many and personally I'm on my second pair of Astro A40's, mic is crystal clear, they are comfortable and sound as good as any headset I've used.

Solution

The Real Beandip

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

Alright thanks, I will keep those in mind. I think ill wait and see what else gets thrown around this thread. So far I think the Razer Tiamat is still my most likely choice.

James Fisk

Estimable
Jul 13, 2014

Did you end up getting the razer tiamat, and if so, what are your opinions?

Cheers

The Real Beandip

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
I went with the Gamecom Commanders. Great set, got them on sale at newegg for 60$. The only problem is a little bit of audio leak into the microphone. but that can be compensated for by adjusting mic sensitivity. Great sound, loud, high quality mic, very durable. My only complaint on the audio is there is no way to completely mute sound, you can only make it very quiet.