The best budget laptops in 2022

Mar 3, 2023
Title is 100% misleading. How can you say laptop when most are actually lesser chromebooks or tablets. Nothing wrong with chrome books or those running the lessor/limited windows s, but they are not at all useful for the same things as actual laptops. If someone who didnt know better was told that they needed to get an actual laptop and they were to actually trust your advice, they would be buying something of limited or no use to them. Curious if the writer gets a kickback for linked offers, & if said offers got reversed if the customer were to return item to buy what they were actually shopping for & were led to believe they were buying (according to the title of this )

Alex Wawro

Senior Editor
Aug 8, 2022
I'm sorry you feel that way. As the writer I get no kickback of any kind from this article, nor from any other article I've written. Chromebooks are laptops, and when you're on a budget of $500 - $1,000 I think it's a good idea to widen your horizon and at least consider a Windows or Chrome tablet with detachable keyboard as a cheaper alternative to a traditional clamshell computer.