The best Chromebooks in 20xx

Mar 27, 2022
Re: the Samsung Chromebook 4, I'm seeing two different models of it, differing by about $15. Tough to figure out what the difference is, but they have different model numbers, and are showing different processors: Celeron N4020 vs N4000. Is that it, just the different processor? The 4020 is the cheaper one.

Aug 22, 2022
I usually look to Tom's Guide for advice, but I wonder about your credibility when you provide 2 links under the Lenovo Duet 3 Chromebook that go to the wrong device. Both the Walmart and Microsoft links point to the Duet 3i which is not a Chromebook at all but a Windows 11 device!

Mar 27, 2022
I usually look to Tom's Guide for advice, but I wonder about your credibility when you provide 2 links under the Lenovo Duet 3 Chromebook that go to the wrong device. Both the Walmart and Microsoft links point to the Duet 3i which is not a Chromebook at all but a Windows 11 device!

I looked into this, and seems there is a Lenovo Duet 3 (and 3i) Chromebook, and a Lenovo Duet 3 (and 3i) Windows models. Tom's Guide linked to some Windows models. Albeit, another possibility is that Tom's Guide initially linked to the correct ones, but Walmart and Microsoft redirected, after Lenovo terminated the Chromebook models (as appears to be the case, on Lenovo's website).

Ridiculous how complex this has become. And read my comment above. Manufacturers are selling computers with the same name and model on the face of it, but hidden in the full, complex model number are some crucial details that differ from one to another. In this case, which processor is used. Which affects cost and performance.

Why all of these complex, manipulative games being played on buyers? Seems they are trying to confuse us.

And unfortunately, Tom's Guide, isn't helping.