The best free streaming services

Status
Not open for further replies.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
We have a Samsung "smart tv" which comes with their TV Plus service, and a LG not-so-smart tv. We have tubi and pluto on the Sammy. And we have kanopy courtesy our library. How does one get any of these on a not smart tv? We do have an amazon tv box.

Nov 21, 2021
Buy a Roku. I just bought a Roku streaming stick 4K and am using it on my old Samsung (2013) non smart tv. As long as it has an HDMI port and is within distance of good WIFI signal you can get all those apps on the Roku. I got the streaming stick because it is supposed have long range WIFI reach. It is usually $49.99 and now is on sale online only for $29.99 (Walmart) I still have cable and am using the Rokus to get rid of cable boxes. Working my way slowly to cutting the cable.

Jan 9, 2022
I wonder whether this article is an updated regurgitation of an earlier article. Walmart hasn't owned VUDU since 6 July 2020. It's owned by Fandango Media, which is owned by WarnerMedia (25%) and NBCUniversal, a division of Comcast. Comcast also owns XUMO and Peacock Free, which are also on your list.

Some watchers like myself wonder what Comcast will do with these different services.

ziggyff

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2012
Here are the best free streaming services, including Crackle, Tubi, Pluto TV, IMDBtv and more.

The best free streaming services : Read more
Someone should "re-review" this article. Almost ALL content on Peacock requires you to be on a pay tier starting this past Summer....examples: Psych, Warehouse 13 I was about 90% through Warehouse 13, 5 episodes to go.. now I need to join
a pay version to see any more episodes... I skipped watching when SYFY re-ran this show because I thought I had free access through the Peacock website.. nah, I'm screwed

Feb 6, 2023
Someone should "re-review" this article. Almost ALL content on Peacock requires you to be on a pay tier starting this past Summer....examples: Psych, Warehouse 13 I was about 90% through Warehouse 13, 5 episodes to go.. now I need to join
a pay version to see any more episodes... I skipped watching when SYFY re-ran this show because I thought I had free access through the Peacock website.. nah, I'm screwed
....and The Roku Channel is available on Fire TV too.

mark_887797

Honorable
Sep 22, 2017
Meh. None of the recommendations are good. Lots of OLD free content.

Your best bet is to search Reddit and use an APK on your Android device. If you want to use a PC then Kodi is what you want to use. It's free although some "channels" require you to have a Real Debrib or Premiumize.

You can also buy a Taiwanese TV box (Android) called EVPAD and Unblock Ubox for a few hundred US dollars and never have to pay for a subscription.

mark_887797

Honorable
Sep 22, 2017
The blog is clickbait, nothing else IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.