The Best of CES: Zik Parrot By Starck Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulutech

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
This looks very nice, although its probably more expensive than a Beyer alternative. (Which would probably sound just as good.)
But of course we'll never know until we get a pair and listen to them.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]I think they're ugly.[/citation]
i very much agree....if you really want the best noise canceling headphones, BOSE is the best

Burodsx

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
I'm sure the price will greatly outweigh any desire I have to buy these. I'll just use my nifty button that's attached to my headset to change my volume.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]i very much agree....if you really want the best noise canceling headphones, BOSE is the best[/citation]

Bose spends more money on marketing and research and development, and it shows. $150 pair of klipsch speakers can outperform $1000 bose speaker system, you have major problems.

Personally I go Sennheiser, my HD 555's cost about as much as the bose around the ear, but it's so much better sound. Bose is largely a joke in the audio industry, at least one high-end consumers are concerned.

That being said, when you say audio equipment sounds nice, tell us what it's comparable to. Because I'm assuming you are using a piece of skull candy crap before you put those on and pretty much anything sounds better than that if they're taking headphones seriously.

As for the design,it appears the metal. Can someone tell me if that is metal or if it's metal like plastic.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]Bose spends more money on marketing and research and development, and it shows. $150 pair of klipsch speakers can outperform $1000 bose speaker system, you have major problems.Personally I go Sennheiser, my HD 555's cost about as much as the bose around the ear, but it's so much better sound. Bose is largely a joke in the audio industry, at least one high-end consumers are concerned.That being said, when you say audio equipment sounds nice, tell us what it's comparable to. Because I'm assuming you are using a piece of skull candy crap before you put those on and pretty much anything sounds better than that if they're taking headphones seriously.As for the design,it appears the metal. Can someone tell me if that is metal or if it's metal like plastic.[/citation]
are you one of those people that think DR. Dre headphone are the best in the world?

pacioli

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
My baby 18 yr old sister asked for Dr. Dre Beats for Christmas. Our dad went to Fry's Electronics and checked out the Beats.
After listening to several headphones he picked some nice Sennheisers that were in the $100 range that he thought sounded superior to the Beats.
When my brat sister opened up the package she whined, opened them and left them on the coffee table during the entire holiday season. When I went home they were still sitting there.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]are you one of those people that think DR. Dre headphone are the best in the world?[/citation]

i have used them, thought they were nice, than i looked at the price, it was 2-300$ and i loled so hard a person in staples came to ask me whats wrong.

those things are bass heavy, and cant produce better sound than my hd555, and that is a LOW bar as far as headphones are concerned... if beets were 70-100$, they would be decent for the cost, but are a branded joke.

G

I don't understand why there are so many anti-Beats posts in Parrot Zik review blogs/posts. I am testing both the Zik and Beats wireless now and owned Sennheiser wireless prior. I loved the Senns but they eventually stopped working (after years of great use -- gym, sweat, etc). So I'm going back and forth but I will say this -- the Beats wireless have a greater volume without effort. The instruments sound crisp.

I listened to various genres -- rap, Radiohead and disco. All boomed on Beats. But the quality of sound was better on the Ziks. However, if you want volume, you'll get major distortion. And while the app to control sound is nifty, it makes me think that it's needed to compensate for poor audio. I honestly want to return both and get another Sennheiser pair but the Apple store doesn't have the wireless, and I need them immediately for the gym. Still undecided.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]trish2337[/nom]I don't understand why there are so many anti-Beats posts in Parrot Zik review blogs/posts. I am testing both the Zik and Beats wireless now and owned Sennheiser wireless prior. I loved the Senns but they eventually stopped working (after years of great use -- gym, sweat, etc). So I'm going back and forth but I will say this -- the Beats wireless have a greater volume without effort. The instruments sound crisp. I listened to various genres -- rap, Radiohead and disco. All boomed on Beats. But the quality of sound was better on the Ziks. However, if you want volume, you'll get major distortion. And while the app to control sound is nifty, it makes me think that it's needed to compensate for poor audio. I honestly want to return both and get another Sennheiser pair but the Apple store doesn't have the wireless, and I need them immediately for the gym. Still undecided.[/citation]

The reason why beats has such a bad reputation is because they spend more money on marketing and generally have ripoff prices for their headphones. I've heard the higher-end beats and I've heard Sennheiser's, and Sennheiser beats the crap out of beats.

Now they want to talk wireless, you're no longer looking for quality headphones. Sennheiser has something called kleer I believe I don't know if it's an in-house developed technology or if it's a license to one, but from the people I heard reviews of it for an people I trust reviews of it for it's the best you can get with wireless. The problem is it's not exactly a portable solution and the quality you can get from the wireless will only go so far I believe they are the same as the HD 555 may be a little better on the highest end ones.

The fact that Sennheiser doesn't spend money on marketing celebrity endorsements or any of the crap, means they spend as much money as they can making those headphones the best damn thing you can put on your head, and it shows.

But that's really just my opinion on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.