The best smart TVs for streaming in 2021

Nov 14, 2021
This TCL 40-inch TV offers a great solution for most casual home setups. We have put it in our closet like armoire that had been previously accommodating a fifteen year old standard definition 42" plasma TV. That old plasma had been handed down from our family room a few years ago when we upgraded. The problem was, it required we keep an extra cable box setup in our bedroom at a cost of $11/month. Since we infrequently use the bedroom TV it did not make financial sense to keep the cable setup and as a result we sacrificed a usable TV. This TV was a reasonable investment whose upfront cost would offset the cable box setup in a little over a year. We also now have Netflix, Youtube, Amazon Music and many broadcast channels from the internal antenna jack and all the app channels we care to add on (ESPN, News, etc).
The installation was simple and required nothing but another device with an internet connection to verify connections/logins (I used my iPhone). The remote control is simple to use and the TV's interface is simple to navigate. For a simple home setup, this TV is perfect; with its nice HD picture, simple interface, reasonable price and internal speakers. This was well worth the purchase for our needs and I would recommend this TV for all but those looking to use it as part of some glorious theater setup.

Last edited by a moderator: